• Grandmaster Simon: Fact or Fiction..

From gabriele.dave@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Shawn Miller on Wed Jan 9 22:27:55 2019
    Hi, better 22 years late than never!

1) The first form in Dragon 1, or Long 1. The next is Kempo 1, not Kenpo. It's called that because the style of the form is Kempo.
    2) Not sure if they did that but if they did I would guess its because they were looking for instructors.
    3) Any instructor that said that was misinformed.
    4) The internal aspect of white tiger, which you can call qigong, is the foundation of the the entire style.

Thanks.

On Sunday, 2 November 1997 03:00:00 UTC-5, Shawn Miller wrote:
    Hello everyone. I was just reading some of the posts regarding Grand Master Simon and I wanted throw my two cents in. First, let me suggest that you
    all pick up his book

"The Law of the Fist" by "H.H. the Dali Sheng Shi Grand Master O.E. Simon" The Golden Bell Publishing House
    P.O. Box 20
    Laurier, Washington 99146
    U.S.A

First Edition 1969 in New York by Vantage Press Inc.
    Second Edition 1989

ISBN# 0-88925-987-9

Just to give you a taste of the wonders that await you in this literary
    gem, here's a small exert from his book

"Within the International Temple Kung-Fu Association, the use of foreign terminology has been abolished, as these words have nothing in common with our tradition and only tend to credit the Orient with supremacy in the
    arts. The wealth of knowledge available on our continent, if exchanged amongst the existing Karate and Kung-fu styles, is of such a gigantic
    nature that it would at once place our countries one hundred years ahead of all Oriental nations."

And of course there are the pictures of GM Simon wearing a Karate gi and doing what appears to be a modified version of Pinyan One.

Okay, that's enough of that. Down to my 'two cents'. For those of you who
    say GM Simon really is a Shoalin Monk and that they really practice good Kung-fu at Temple Kung -fu, let me ask you these very simple questions.

1. Why is the first form called "Kenpo One"?
    2. Why do they advertise for instructors in the Seattle Times and P.I.?
    3. Why do TKF instructors say that Hung Gar and Choy Li Fut aren't real
    kung fu styles?
    4. If it really is Shaolin Kung fu, why isn't there any chi gung in the style?

Alright, I'm finished. I really would like to know the answers to these questions.

Best Regards

Matthew Miller
    14th Chapter Productions
    shawnm@14thChapter.com
    2226 Eastlake Ave. E. Ste#72
    Seattle, WA 98102
    http://www.14thChapter.com [206.726.2821]

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)