• Re: The Democrats' Plan to Pack the Supreme Court

From Raccoon Country@21:1/5 to jecorbett19580@yahoo.com on Tue Jun 14 07:45:56 2022
    XPost: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh, alt.abortion, talk.politics.guns
    XPost: alt.politics.libertarian

In article <XnsAD366B5669D7Agda@95.216.243.224>
    "jecorbett19580@yahoo.com" <jecorbett19580@yahoo.com> wrote:

On Sunday, May 22, 2022 at 6:31:38 PM UTC-4, Leroy N. Soetoro wrote:
    https://www.rpc.senate.gov/policy-papers/the-democrats-plan-to-pack-the-

The Democrats’ true justification is obvious: they want to contro
    l the
    court so it will rule how they want. This venal motive is leading
    Democrats astray. Once the court has been so clearly politicized, there i
    s
    no limit to how many times it can be packed. But it only has to happen
    once to destroy the court’s reputation for independence.

When the Democrats won control of the Senate, I feared this is what they would do. They
    would eliminate the filibuster which would have allowed them to pass the most radical agenda on a straight party line vote. Not only would they pack the court, but they would
    give statehood to DC and PR. Medicare for all. Draconian gun control laws. I thought it was
    the end of the country as we knew it.

Fortunately Joe Manchin and Kristen Sinema will prevent this power grab. These bills have
    zero chance of defeating the filibuster and Schumer can't get rid of the filibuster without
    Manchin and Sinema and both are opposed to it. That will prevent the current Congress from
    packing the court. In the unlikely event the Democrats pick up two more seats in the Senate
    in the midterms, they are going to lose the House. To pack the court they are going to need
    control of both houses of Congress and enough votes in the Senate to eliminate the
    filibuster. Unless there is a drastic change in the political winds, they have no change of
    doing that.

Nancy Pelosi thinks Democrats aren't going to lose the house and
    will maintain status quo in the Senate.

Nancy is the poster girl for term limits.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)