• WTB: knives similar to Cutco knives

From Betty Rader@21:1/5 to Richard F. Dillon on Thu Oct 15 10:25:26 2020
    On Thursday, January 17, 2002 at 7:57:08 AM UTC-5, Richard F. Dillon wrote:
    My wife recently saw a set of Cutco knives in a friend's kitchen, and was very impressed with the quality and feel of those knives. Upon inquiry, we found that the gallery set cost hundreds of dollars. Does anyone have a recommendation of a similar quality of knife at a reasonable price? Thanks
    so much in advance, and please reply to rfdi...@hal-pc.org. Thanks so
    much!
    My experience with Cutco Knives: I met my late husband in 1960 when he was representing Cutco (selling door to door). He had the complete sales rep set including the utility dipper, slotted spoon, forks, etc. along with the wall holders and sharpener.
    I still have all these items (except one I lost) here in 2020. About 2 years ago I sent them back to Cutco to be revitalized by cleaning and sharpening. They even replaced the 1020 paring that I had lost free of charge. I did pay for the shipping to
    them but they paid the return shipping. I have raised a big family and then some in these past 60 years with my Cutco Buddies and I wouldn't take anything for them. They are much more expensive today, of course, but they will give you a lifetime of use,
    plus they are beautifully made! Thank you Cutco for making my life easier for so many years!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)