• 2 line into 1 line

From =?UTF-8?Q?Lev=C3=83dr=C3=A8ievich_T@21:1/5 to All on Fri Feb 19 02:48:11 2021
    Dear all,

with no much experience on kites, my intuitive method before realising I should look into the web is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XD6Rzjff7YRkc2WSR6QEWqin8MEi1RcR/view?usp=drivesdk

I guess it resembles the mentioned keep-lines-apart approach.

I hope somebody can test it and confirm or discard the autostabilizer system, or provide insight about the additional lines lengths or angles. I will not be able to fly right these days...

Andrés

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Lev=C3=83dr=C3=A8ievich_T@21:1/5 to All on Fri Feb 19 03:05:25 2021
    PS. This would probably require an auxiliary line to take it out of the window and land :(

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gary R. Schmidt@21:1/5 to All on Fri Feb 19 22:22:28 2021
    On 19/02/2021 21:48, LevÃdrèievich Thereminski Von Trulôff wrote:
    Dear all,

with no much experience on kites, my intuitive method before realising I should look into the web is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XD6Rzjff7YRkc2WSR6QEWqin8MEi1RcR/view?usp=drivesdk

I hope somebody can test it and confirm or discard the autostabilizer system, or provide insight about the additional lines lengths or angles. I will not be able to fly right these days...

Andrés

Maybe put whatever it is somewhere that doesn't require a login before
    it can be seen?

I'm not giving out and ids.

Cheers,
    Gary B-)

--
    Waiting for a new signature to suggest itself...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Aaron Brand@21:1/5 to Scot Lawrence on Wed Jun 15 13:01:21 2022
    I just realized that this original post is pretty old. Have you had any luck with this idea? I’m looking for a way to use a foil kite to pull me in my kayak. I don’t want it to be like those kite board; it’s a small kite and will initially be used
    just for downwind sailing. The thing is, I want my hands free to use my paddle so it will be attached to the deck of the boat. I’ll probably start with a single line kits, but converting a larger kite that I have to be able to fly on a single line
    would be great if it’s possible. I wonder if there is a way to balance it, like with a mobile, between two rigid sticks.

On Sunday, October 11, 1998 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Scot Lawrence wrote:
    Greetings Kite people,
    Another question for thee..
    Does anyone know how to convert a 2 line stunter (delta) into a single
    line kite? I dont want it to be a permanent change,(I would leave the
    bridles attached) just sometimes I feel like giving the stunting a rest
    and I would like to stick the stunter up in the sky and let it hang..I
    have tried attaching a string to the top and bottom of the center spar,
    then tying the single line in the center, to approximate the keel of a
    single line delta, bu the kite just isnt stable without its two lines..
    any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Scot, Rochester NY

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Aaron Brand@21:1/5 to Gary R. Schmidt on Wed Jun 15 12:57:01 2022
    If you’re logged in to Google, it works fine. You’re not giving anything out. You’re signing in to your Google account. Of course, if you don’t have Google then you can’t view it ( which I think was the point you were trying to make).

On Friday, February 19, 2021 at 3:24:07 AM UTC-8, Gary R. Schmidt wrote:
    On 19/02/2021 21:48, LevÃdrèievich Thereminski Von Trulôff wrote:
    Dear all,

Andrés

Maybe put whatever it is somewhere that doesn't require a login before
    it can be seen?

I'm not giving out and ids.

Cheers,
    Gary B-)

--
    Waiting for a new signature to suggest itself...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05