• Part for a PBSK

From stevestarr13@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jun 6 01:28:34 2020
    Hi
    I live in the UK but lived in FL for a number of years. I have a collection of Peter Betancourt kites. One is a custom made UL that was his personal kite that I swapped with him for a Rev.
    Over the years the rubber tubes he used for the LE connectors perished and eventually I found alternatives in the US that were not cheap.
    I now have one final piece needed to finally restore the kite but I can't find one in the UK
    I need a connector for the spine and lower spreaders. Can anyone help with a supplier who would ship to the UK?
    thanks
    Steve Starr

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Ian Newham@21:1/5 to steves...@gmail.com on Sun Jun 7 03:01:38 2020
    On Saturday, 6 June 2020 09:28:35 UTC+1, steves...@gmail.com wrote:
    I need a connector for the spine and lower spreaders. Can anyone help with a supplier who would ship to the UK?
    thanks
    Steve Starr

Hi Steve,
    Can you describe what kind of connector it is? I can have a look to see If I have one like it.

I've bought parts from Steve Ferrel before but I'm not sure if he's still in business. His website seems to be just the kitebuilder forum now

Sadly there aren't many kite shops left in the UK. The Highwaymen in Hinckley used to carry a lot of parts but no longer list them on their website, you could give them a call to see if they still have old stock

Ian Newham

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)