• Re: The wimpy pattern... (repost for JIS)

From DanielJug@21:1/5 to Bruce Gregory Tiemann on Mon Apr 17 08:30:37 2023
    Bruce Gregory Tiemann wrote:
    ...is my submission for the name of the even numbers, crossing
    pairs pattern. I call it that not because most people find it easier than
    any of the real patterns (half shower, and synch and asych fountains) but rather from how it looks.

As I already wrote (Message-Id.: <20230225215315.000035cd@giocoleria.it>), I agree in considering this pattern the least aesthetic, but in any case for uniformity with the other basic even patterns (that’s to say with siteswap’s period 1) and to
    restore dignity to a pattern that has the only fault of being more ugly to look at, I think it is preferable to call it «*crossing synchronous fountain*», even if the silhouetted figure in the sky inevitably recalls more that of a cascade.

--
    Let’s resurrect rec.juggling

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Giocoleria da diporto@21:1/5 to Bruce Gregory Tiemann on Mon Apr 17 08:34:48 2023
    Bruce Gregory Tiemann wrote:
    ...is my submission for the name of the even numbers, crossing
    pairs pattern. I call it that not because most people find it easier than
    any of the real patterns (half shower, and synch and asych fountains) but rather from how it looks.

As I already wrote (Message-Id.: <20230225215...@giocoleria.it>), I agree in considering this pattern the least aesthetic, but in any case for uniformity with the other basic even patterns (that’s to say with siteswap’s period 1) and to restore
    dignity to a pattern that has the only fault of being more ugly to look at, I think it is preferable to call it «*crossing synchronous fountain*», even if the silhouetted figure in the sky inevitably recalls more that of a cascade.

--
    Let’ resurrect rec.juggling

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Giocoleria da diporto@21:1/5 to Giocoleria da diporto on Mon Apr 17 17:58:25 2023
    Giocoleria da diporto wrote:
    As I already wrote (Message-Id.: <20230225215...@giocoleria.it>)

Sorry, I meant to write Message-Id:
    <20230225215315.000035cd@giocoleria.it>.

--
    Let's resurrect rec.juggling

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05