• Legitimate Knighthoods

From 3ARwun@21:1/5 to Pete Jode on Wed Jan 31 06:44:34 2018
    On Monday, November 30, 2015 at 11:51:42 AM UTC-6, Pete Jode wrote:

For the honors system it seems as though you must be a billionaire or a world famous person for one reason or another. I am neither.
    Even if I were I would be more interested in a fraternal type of legitimate chivalric organization similar to the knights of Malta, Order of St. John or Johanniter.
    Similar but without as strict a religious component where I would need a bishop's recommendation.

That being said how could I either join, or as the last poster pointed out, be joined by that type of organization?

Any ideas or information would be greatly appreciated.

Work your way up to 3 or 4 star general, lead a coalition to victory over Saddam, with an ingenious strategy that also minimizes losses. If one of the nations in the coalition grants Knighthoods, and yur lucky it could happen.

Or become a paramedic, give service (and help with fundraising) to the venerable knights of st john, with luck, maybe that would work too. This order is kinda modest and does not address fellow knights as "sir".

Or give large sums to the party in power, on the very discreet down low, have a bait and switch "real reason" for being knighted and if lucky and not betrayed, it could happen.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Huge@21:1/5 to eirikr1@ureach.com on Wed Jan 31 22:20:53 2018
    On 2018-01-31, 3ARwun <eirikr1@ureach.com> wrote:
    On Monday, November 30, 2015 at 11:51:42 AM UTC-6, Pete Jode wrote:

For the honors system it seems as though you must be a billionaire or a world famous person for one reason or another. I am neither.
    Even if I were I would be more interested in a fraternal type of legitimate chivalric organization similar to the knights of Malta, Order of St. John or Johanniter.
    Similar but without as strict a religious component where I would need a bishop's recommendation.

That being said how could I either join, or as the last poster pointed out, be joined by that type of organization?

Any ideas or information would be greatly appreciated.

Work your way up to 3 or 4 star general, lead a coalition to victory over Saddam, with an ingenious strategy that also minimizes losses. If one of the nations in the coalition grants Knighthoods, and yur lucky it could happen.

Or become a paramedic, give service (and help with fundraising) to the venerable knights of st john, with luck, maybe that would work too. This order is kinda modest and does not address fellow knights as "sir".

Or give large sums to the party in power, on the very discreet down low, have a bait and switch "real reason" for being knighted and if lucky and not betrayed, it could happen.

Or just invent your own. After all, this bollocks is all just invented.

--
    Today is Sweetmorn, the 31st day of Chaos in the YOLD 3184
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)