• Rabaser rubber band pistol - Wayne Arms Co.

From lhandrick@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Aug 12 16:58:57 2018
    I just inherited one from my dad. Everything was in the box. All the paperwork, even the ammo.
    But after 30 years all the ammo rubber had broken. I have photos but not sure how to upload them.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Frank@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 14 19:05:27 2018
    On 8/12/2018 12:58 PM, lhandrick@gmail.com wrote:
    # I just inherited one from my dad. Everything was in the box. All the paperwork, even the ammo.
    # But after 30 years all the ammo rubber had broken. I have photos but not sure how to upload them.
    #
    #
    This is probably it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-80s-Wayne-Arms-Company-Rabaser-Precision-Rubber-Band-Gun-Nice-/323017917858

I have a rubber band pistol but it is not as slick as this one - just
    plain wood. Rubber bands not as fancy. Also has a spinning target you
    can shoot at.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From waneman@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Apr 12 23:57:56 2019
    On Sunday, October 28, 2001 at 8:52:58 PM UTC-5, Skip Clemmons & Susan Day = wrote:
    # I have a Rabaser high tech rubber band gun and am in need of ammunition.
    # This gun dates from the mid 80's and is of very high quality manufacture by
    # Wayne Arms Company of Overland Park Kansas. Do you have a resource for the
    # "Baser band" latex ammuntion or any contact for the Wayne Arms Company. I
    # can not find a web or phone contact. Even Google comes up empty. Thanks

I worked for Wayne Arms and in fact used to manufacture the bands. We would
    use surgical tubing and connect the ends with polypropylene cable. The ends
    of the connecting cable would be given a rough texture using a dremel tool
    and sanding paddle tip we made. We would roughen the ends then attach to the tubing using industrial cyanoacrylates (super glue). We also would treat the bands using D.M.S.O. (dimethyl sulfoxide) as a softening agent before roughing the ends. If you have any other questions let me know. :D

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sawguy@goldenwest.net@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jun 7 17:29:35 2019
    On Friday, April 12, 2019 at 6:57:58 PM UTC-5, wan...@gmail.com wrote:
    # On Sunday, October 28, 2001 at 8:52:58 PM UTC-5, Skip Clemmons & Susan Day = # wrote:
    # # I have a Rabaser high tech rubber band gun and am in need of ammunition.
    # # This gun dates from the mid 80's and is of very high quality manufacture by # # Wayne Arms Company of Overland Park Kansas. Do you have a resource for the # # "Baser band" latex ammuntion or any contact for the Wayne Arms Company. I # # can not find a web or phone contact. Even Google comes up empty. Thanks
    #
    # I worked for Wayne Arms and in fact used to manufacture the bands. We would
    # use surgical tubing and connect the ends with polypropylene cable. The ends
    # of the connecting cable would be given a rough texture using a dremel tool
    # and sanding paddle tip we made. We would roughen the ends then attach to the # tubing using industrial cyanoacrylates (super glue). We also would treat the # bands using D.M.S.O. (dimethyl sulfoxide) as a softening agent before roughing
    # the ends. If you have any other questions let me know. :D

Could you get the correct size surgical tubing and string trimmer line and make your own?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From ginofrater@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 6 12:09:37 2019
    On Sunday, October 28, 2001 at 8:52:58 PM UTC-5, Skip Clemmons & Susan Day wrote:
    # I have a Rabaser high tech rubber band gun and am in need of ammunition.
    # This gun dates from the mid 80's and is of very high quality manufacture by
    # Wayne Arms Company of Overland Park Kansas. Do you have a resource for the
    # "Baser band" latex ammunition or any contact for the Wayne Arms Company. I
    # can not find a web or phone contact. Even Google comes up empty. Thanks.

Waine Arms Company , 9125 Borton, OVERLAND PARK KS 66214 is the last address know for order ammunition as it is informed on the original RABASER Pistol Owner's manual.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05