• Sticky 'scope

From dabodysurfer@hotmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jun 8 00:48:24 2018
    Ok I found a solution that's works Great to get all the sticky rubber off scopes.... Believe me this works, I've done to a rifle and spotting scope
    1. Let your scope dry off....like, dust and cat hair as I done to just stop the stickiness from getting all over everything. That took me several months(laziness)
    2. Here is the magic..... PEANUT BUTTER. Leave covers on and keep covered. Rub peanut butter all over the scope. Let it soak for about 15 minutes.
    3. Get a hard old rough cotton towel. Use your thumb and scrape off rubber. Make sure the towel is dry and free from dirt. Keep using different parts of towel to get
    Junk off. This will take time ... Approximately 15 minutes or so....... I used a paper towel and dish washing soap to take off Pbutter and smell. This also works
    great on duct tape, stickers and most things gooey.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Just Wondering@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jun 9 00:28:57 2018
    On 6/7/2018 6:48 PM, dabodysurfer@hotmail.com wrote:
    # Ok I found a solution that's works Great to get all the sticky rubber off scopes.... Believe me this works, I've done to a rifle and spotting scope
    # 1. Let your scope dry off....like, dust and cat hair as I done to just stop the stickiness from getting all over everything. That took me several months(laziness)
    # 2. Here is the magic..... PEANUT BUTTER. Leave covers on and keep covered. Rub peanut butter all over the scope. Let it soak for about 15 minutes.

Who sits around thinking, "I think I'll smear some peanut
    butter on my rifle scope and see what happens"? :)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sabre3008@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Mar 15 14:38:00 2019
    I had a similar problem with my Tasco scope a few years ago....
    I solved this issue by removing the scope from the mounts.
    I mixed a small amount of Baking Soda with a little water.....enough to make a 'paste.
    Rub this onto the scope...leave for 5 minutes, and with a lint free cloth, remove the baking soda.
    The scope, windage and elevation turrets were clear of this sticky goo....

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05