• Bushnell Banner Adjustments

From Pavel Svinchnik@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jul 21 12:54:35 2019
    I have a Remington 7400 with a Bushnell Banner scope. I haven't fired it in years and
    planned to take it up to the range next week.

The power ring at the back of the scope won't adjust. I don't remember ever adjusting
    it but now it won't move. I don't want to force it but would like to be able to adjust it.

On the left side of the scope, near the power ring, is a small screw. I was thinking that
    I might have to loosen that to adjust, but that seems unlikely as the scope should be
    adjustable in the field with just a twist.

I read the material that came with the scope but there was no mention of this problem. Any
    suggestions as to how to get it working again?

Paul

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Pavel Svinchnik@21:1/5 to Pavel Svinchnik on Mon Jul 22 22:12:57 2019
    On Sunday, July 21, 2019 at 8:54:36 AM UTC-4, Pavel Svinchnik wrote:
    I have a Remington 7400 with a Bushnell Banner scope. I haven't fired it in years and
    planned to take it up to the range next week.

The power ring at the back of the scope won't adjust. I don't remember ever adjusting
    it but now it won't move. I don't want to force it but would like to be able to adjust it.

On the left side of the scope, near the power ring, is a small screw. I was thinking that
    I might have to loosen that to adjust, but that seems unlikely as the scope should be
    adjustable in the field with just a twist.

I read the material that came with the scope but there was no mention of this problem. Any
    suggestions as to how to get it working again?

Paul

I found some clues on the web; I loosened the rings and moved the scope back a bit, then
    tightened the rings just enough to keep it from moving. Now it adjusts from 5 to 9 but sticks
    at 5; I guess I tightened it too much on initial install and put it out of round a bit.

Paul

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)