• Cap Gun That Shoots Cork Balls

From martykent922@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jan 25 19:05:48 2019
    On Thursday, May 27, 1999 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Smoking357 wrote:
    # I had one of these when I was a kid, and I haven't seen one in years. Boy
    # howdy, was it neat. It looked like a Pirate's gun, and you rammed a cork ball # down the barrel. Then, you put a regular cap from ordinary roll caps on the pan
    # and fired. The cap released enough gas into the barrel to shoot the cork ball # out the barrel.
    #
    # It was very cool, and I want another, but I can't find it. Anyone?

Yes, my little brother had a rifle (musket) like that in the early 1960's. It fired round
    cork balls and used roll caps for power. It worked well. The caps came in boxes of five or
    six rolls for 10 cents.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Pavel Svinchnik@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jan 26 00:31:59 2019
    My son had a cork shooter in the mid-70's that was styled like a flintlock rifle. We bought it at Disney World. On the drive home, we stopped at a firecracker
    store and bought a few packs of the little "Lady Finger" firecrackers. No fireworks
    were sold in our home state of Ohio at that time.

Back home, I drilled a hole down the center of a broomstick segment just large enough
    to fit one of the little firecrackers. I counterbored one end to fit my son's cork balls.
    You can probably guess the result; put a firecracker in the small hole with the fuse
    sticking out, put a cork ball in the larger hole at the other end, and light the fuse.
    We ended up with a mini cannon that could knock down toy soldiers from across the living
    room.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From tgdonlin@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri May 24 22:20:50 2019
    I had the Confederate rifle and my friend down the street had the Kentucky rifle. It was the early 70s. They were all made by the same company.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05