• Mantis 4 cycle Making metal on Metal sound

From Pedro Grillo@21:1/5 to All on Thu Aug 20 07:07:59 2020
    Hello Everyone, Im new to this group. Hope someone can help me.
    I left my Mantis 4 cycle tiller on its side in the back of the shed for about a month. The tiller starts up fine, no problem. When I tried to use it the engine would rev up but tines were ceased. I worked on them and finally got them untuck and they
    turn fine except that now I head a metal on metal sound when they turn. Almost like bearings are shot or something is rubbing against a wal inside the transmission?? I opened the gearbox, it was dry ( no water) and plenty of grease. Anyone ever had
    this issue? Any idea what I should start changing to make it run properly again?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Bob F@21:1/5 to Pedro Grillo on Sun Dec 6 15:27:09 2020
    On 8/20/2020 7:07 AM, Pedro Grillo wrote:
    Hello Everyone, Im new to this group. Hope someone can help me.
    I left my Mantis 4 cycle tiller on its side in the back of the shed for about a month. The tiller starts up fine, no problem. When I tried to use it the engine would rev up but tines were ceased. I worked on them and finally got them untuck and
    they turn fine except that now I head a metal on metal sound when they turn. Almost like bearings are shot or something is rubbing against a wal inside the transmission?? I opened the gearbox, it was dry ( no water) and plenty of grease. Anyone ever
    had this issue? Any idea what I should start changing to make it run properly again?

Have you checked the oil?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)