• Americoin, Dozer Arcade Game

From Nickname unavailable@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jan 19 10:29:58 2023
    I'm currently working and restoring a Dozer Arcade game from the early 70's. I have determined that 1 of the 2 Rowe 650 Series motors that drive the left and right tracks of the bulldozer is bad. I have taken it apart, cleaned, and re-lubricated it and
    the brushes look fine. It is free spinning but It barely will run. There is a little slop in the top bearing compared to the good one. I swapped the motors from side to side and the problem follows the bad motor. It's as if the motor is drawing the 24
    volts down and lacks power.

I searched for the motor for Americoin Dozer Arcade Game. The search came up with John's Jukes in Canada. He has a new motor for $175 plus international shipping. I'd be happy to find a working used one. It's my understanding that the Rowe 650 motors
    were used in other games and vending equipment? Does anyone have any repair Ideas or suggestions of where to look?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Robertson@21:1/5 to Nickname unavailable on Thu Jan 19 16:21:36 2023
    On 2023/01/19 10:29 a.m., Nickname unavailable wrote:
    I'm currently working and restoring a Dozer Arcade game from the early 70's. I have determined that 1 of the 2 Rowe 650 Series motors that drive the left and right tracks of the bulldozer is bad. I have taken it apart, cleaned, and re-lubricated it and
    the brushes look fine. It is free spinning but It barely will run. There is a little slop in the top bearing compared to the good one. I swapped the motors from side to side and the problem follows the bad motor. It's as if the motor is drawing the 24
    volts down and lacks power.

I searched for the motor for Americoin Dozer Arcade Game. The search came up with John's Jukes in Canada. He has a new motor for $175 plus international shipping. I'd be happy to find a working used one. It's my understanding that the Rowe 650 motors
    were used in other games and vending equipment? Does anyone have any repair Ideas or suggestions of where to look?

Hi!

I should have a used motor left in stock for 1/2 price, but it will have
    worn brushes and possibly need new/replacement motor armature bushings.

John :-#)#
    --
    (Please post followups or tech inquiries to the USENET newsgroup)
    John's Jukes Ltd.
    #7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3
    (604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
    www.flippers.com
    "Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Robertson@21:1/5 to Nickname unavailable on Fri Jan 20 09:54:30 2023
    On 2023/01/20 9:31 a.m., Nickname unavailable wrote:
    Hi John,
    Thanks for the information. I may need to get in touch with you on this. I haven't gotten back to work with it because of other pressing issues around here but as you know I put a post out there to see what I could find.

I know the the worm gear bushing on this is worn. The other motor seems fine. I haven't taken that one apart as of yet to clean up. Is there a source for new brushes and the bushings? Let me know if you can.

Thank you so much,
    Tim Nabours

Hi Tim,

I haven't looked into replacement brushes or bushings as I hadn't needed
    to. I assume something can be found to do the job, it just depends on
    how motivated you are!

John :-#)#
    --
    (Please post followups or tech inquiries to the USENET newsgroup)
    John's Jukes Ltd.
    #7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3
    (604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
    www.flippers.com
    "Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Nickname unavailable@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jan 20 09:31:30 2023
    Hi John,
    Thanks for the information. I may need to get in touch with you on this. I haven't gotten back to work with it because of other pressing issues around here but as you know I put a post out there to see what I could find.

I know the the worm gear bushing on this is worn. The other motor seems fine. I haven't taken that one apart as of yet to clean up. Is there a source for new brushes and the bushings? Let me know if you can.

Thank you so much,
    Tim Nabours

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05