• Vectrex CLEAR Cartridge cases - NEW Production Run Reservations in prog

From Vectrexer@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 16 06:25:59 2016
    By now many of you might be familiar with the a potential new run of the CLEAR translucent Sean Kelly Vectrex Reproduction cartridge cases via the current Facebook thread. Please not you will need to log into Facebook to read the group thread. (https://
    www.facebook.com/groups/104852679725118/permalink/516602125216836/)

For those of you who are note, below is the original post from the thread along with the current status. It's going to be a group effort.

"Vectrex CLEAR Cartridge Case/Shell Production Campaign
    I was talking to Sean Kelly about buying some CLEAR cartridge cases and he informed that, although he had no clear cases available, he could have them produced. The downside of this situation is that the manufacturer has a 2,000 piece minimum for the
    order and, quite understandably, Sean can not front the entire production cost only to HOPE that we will buy enough for him to recover his investment in a reasonable amount of time.
    With that in mind, I am posting this info to gauge interest in a CLEAR cartridge case production run. These will NOT be 3D printed units or low quality knock-off cases...we are talking about exact clones of the original case design with the same quality
    material but made with CLEAR plastic. Why CLEAR cases? I suppose I would blame Vectrex Roli because I saw him putting homebrew PCBs into the clear cases for protection and display...do they not look great in the picture?
    Sean is willing to have the clear cases made if we can get at least 1,500 units reserved/spoken for BEFORE he places the order. The price will be $5 per case BUT please keep in mind that the price could change depending on exchange rates and material
    costs or a few other factors.
    **At this point NO money needs to change hands**
    We shall start by building a reservation list to see if there is enough interest in our community to make this happen. IF we reach the goal of 1,500 units, I will post specific payment instructions so that we can move to the production phase. Once all
    the payments have been received by Sean, he will place the order to have the the cases produced and it SHOULD take approximately 6 weeks for Sean to receive the cases. Please note, I will NOT be receiving any payments nor will I be shipping any cases.
    ALL payments will be made directly to Sean Kelly and he will handle the shipping.
    Please do NOT message Sean with questions about this campaign directly. Just post up any questions you have right here in this thread so we can all keep track of all questions and responses.
    Finally, if you are interested in getting some of these top quality clear cases, reply to this post with the number of cases you want and what country they will be shipped to and I will keep a list of all buyers and quantities updated.
    Here is a link to the current reservation list, it will be updated as new reservations are made:"

http://plutera.com/vectrex/VECTREX_clear_case_roster_v2016_10_12.jpg

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)