• wow empire is still alive !

From kuhanajelen pelitili@21:1/5 to All on Sun Aug 15 01:02:41 2021
    hello all,

it is nice to notice that Empire is still alive, barely, but still...

I have played Empire last time at beginning of 90´s and it seems quite many things have been changed since then (land units, infrastructure, no food etc etc). I just played wolfpack blitz during last couple of days.

Now it would be very nice to play with some real players. Playing of blitz alone is good for getting familiar to the current version of the game, but it is missing the main fun -diplomacy, politics and warfare- if no other real players are present.

Is there any other players still around that would like to join game ?

So I am not setting up my own game or calling players to any specific game. I trying to ask if there are anyone still playing this game and could we agree some any game where to join ?

All speeds (blitz, monthly, long term) are ok to me as long as there are other real players in game and we agree it littlebit before hand just make sure I can join it. For example Wolfpack fever starting beginning of September would be suitable.

Only "problem" with that is I dont yet know what kind of setup "heavy metal setup" that is going to be using, well I need to dig details out... anyway I am not that picky of setup details of game branch used (is there any other branch than wolfpack alive
    ?). Only thing that matters is to get into some game where is active players.

/kuha
    email: kuhanajelen@protonmail.com
    discord: kuhanajelen#2559

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Ken B@21:1/5 to kuhan...@protonmail.com on Mon Aug 30 16:56:37 2021
    On Sunday, August 15, 2021 at 4:02:42 AM UTC-4, kuhan...@protonmail.com wrote:
    hello all,

I have played Empire last time at beginning of 90´s and it seems quite many things have been changed since then (land units, infrastructure, no food etc etc). I just played wolfpack blitz during last couple of days.

Now it would be very nice to play with some real players. Playing of blitz alone is good for getting familiar to the current version of the game, but it is missing the main fun -diplomacy, politics and warfare- if no other real players are present.

Every now and then I jump into a blitz just to see how quickly I can get an island running at peak efficiency... and then run out of dust.

If we can get a few more to join, could make it worth gathering up for a Saturday-Sunday run.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Michael Davison@21:1/5 to Ken B on Tue Nov 29 02:27:32 2022
    On Tuesday, 31 August 2021 at 00:56:38 UTC+1, Ken B wrote:
    hello all,

Every now and then I jump into a blitz just to see how quickly I can get an island running at peak efficiency... and then run out of dust.

If we can get a few more to join, could make it worth gathering up for a Saturday-Sunday run.
    There are still a few of us Grey-hairs left who remember Empire fondly. It would be great to get a new generation of players interested in THE resource management wargame, but it appeals to people who like spreadsheets not first person shooters. :)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Evil Otto@21:1/5 to Michael Davison on Wed Nov 30 00:29:18 2022
    On 11/29/2022 2:27 AM, Michael Davison wrote:
    On Tuesday, 31 August 2021 at 00:56:38 UTC+1, Ken B wrote:
    hello all,

There are still a few of us Grey-hairs left who remember Empire fondly. It would be great to get a new generation of players interested in THE resource management wargame, but it appeals to people who like spreadsheets not first person shooters. :)

I'm trying to start playing (including talking about Empire to any gamer-inclined friends who will listen) but the handful of servers I can
    find are either empty or have been running for years without a reset and
    one player owns everything.

The new wolfpack game is starting soon, I'll be trying to play on there (probably badly) but not holding my breath too much for a lively game.

-EO

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05