• Zizzle Marvel Heroes broken ball return spring and super weak flippers

From kiwasabi@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jul 3 20:20:01 2021
    I just picked up a Zizzle Marvel Heroes off craigslist for $50. Overall it seems like the closest thing to a real pinball that I'll get in a mini pinball. There are two issues though.

1) The ball return spring is broken. Is this a part that's readily available online? The original owner actually cut down the plexi (ugh!) and his solution was just to hand reset the ball return ejector each time the ball drains. I'd like to get this
    fixed the right away if possible.

2) The flippers are super weak and I can only get the ball up the ramps maybe 1 in 10 or 20 tries. I see that some people have upgraded to arcade buttons and flippers. What all is involved and what parts are needed for these mods?

Any input on this machine would be appreciated. BTW it's the model 1 as it doesn't have the lights in the backboard.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Lloyd Olson@21:1/5 to kiwasabi on Sun Jul 4 10:10:35 2021
    On Saturday, July 3, 2021 at 10:20:07 PM UTC-5, kiwasabi wrote:
    I just picked up a Zizzle Marvel Heroes off craigslist for $50. Overall it seems like the closest thing to a real pinball that I'll get in a mini pinball. There are two issues though.

1) The ball return spring is broken. Is this a part that's readily available online? The original owner actually cut down the plexi (ugh!) and his solution was just to hand reset the ball return ejector each time the ball drains. I'd like to get this
    fixed the right away if possible.

2) The flippers are super weak and I can only get the ball up the ramps maybe 1 in 10 or 20 tries. I see that some people have upgraded to arcade buttons and flippers. What all is involved and what parts are needed for these mods?

Any input on this machine would be appreciated. BTW it's the model 1 as it doesn't have the lights in the backboard.
    Spring is easy. Match it up with something from a hardware store. Doesn't have to be exact, just do it's job. No idea on the flippers.
    LTG : )

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)