• Tech EM: Recel Top Speed Player Unit

From Chris Hughes@21:1/5 to All on Mon Oct 30 14:56:54 2023
    I am restoring a 1975 Recel Top Speed and I am hoping someone can post a picture of the player unit (called the Balls Unit on this game) in the starting position of Player 1, ball 1 with the ball in the shooter lane.
    I am having problems with the player up sequence and the ball-in-play lights not working and I am wondering if the previous owner didn't remove the bakelite plate from the player unit and put it back on in a new position.
    Thanks in advance,
    Chris

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Chris Hughes@21:1/5 to John Robertson on Tue Oct 31 10:13:15 2023
    On Tuesday, October 31, 2023 at 1:07:52 PM UTC-4, John Robertson wrote:
    On 2023/10/30 2:56 p.m., Chris Hughes wrote:
    I am restoring a 1975 Recel Top Speed and I am hoping someone can post a picture of the player unit (called the Balls Unit on this game) in the starting position of Player 1, ball 1 with the ball in the shooter lane.
    I am having problems with the player up sequence and the ball-in-play lights not working and I am wondering if the previous owner didn't remove the bakelite plate from the player unit and put it back on in a new position.
    Thanks in advance,
    Chris
    Hi Chris,

I don't have the example of a Recel machine's Player Unit, but this was essentially a copy of the Gottlieb unit. As such I have on the following page some photos showing how that should be set up. I assume the Recel
    is pretty much the same.

https://www.flippers.com/got-tips.html

John :-#)#
    --
    (Please post followups or tech inquiries to the USENET newsgroup)
    John's Jukes Ltd.
    #7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3
    (604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
    www.flippers.com
    "Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."
    Thanks John.
    I will give that a try.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Robertson@21:1/5 to Chris Hughes on Tue Oct 31 10:07:41 2023
    On 2023/10/30 2:56 p.m., Chris Hughes wrote:
    Thanks in advance,
    Chris

Hi Chris,

I don't have the example of a Recel machine's Player Unit, but this was essentially a copy of the Gottlieb unit. As such I have on the following
    page some photos showing how that should be set up. I assume the Recel
    is pretty much the same.

https://www.flippers.com/got-tips.html

John :-#)#
    --
    (Please post followups or tech inquiries to the USENET newsgroup)
    John's Jukes Ltd.
    #7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3
    (604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
    www.flippers.com
    "Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05