• TECH: MM Trough issues

From Jake@21:1/5 to All on Thu Sep 9 14:00:31 2021
    My trough eject is acting a bit erratically in my MM. When the ball goes down the drain, it doesn't trigger an eject. But if I push on the game, the ball seems to move down a bit and eject. I also noticed this on multiball. When I got multiball, no
    balls come out, but if I bump the machine it will eject and fire the next ball. I'm assuming its a simple fix. I believe the opto switches are fairly new.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Joseph 'Tony' Dziedzic@21:1/5 to Jake on Fri Sep 10 04:09:55 2021
    On Thursday, September 9, 2021 at 5:00:36 PM UTC-4, Jake wrote:
    My trough eject is acting a bit erratically in my MM. When the ball goes down the drain, it doesn't trigger an eject. But if I push on the game, the ball seems to move down a bit and eject. I also noticed this on multiball. When I got multiball, no
    balls come out, but if I bump the machine it will eject and fire the next ball. I'm assuming its a simple fix. I believe the opto switches are fairly new.
    I'm assuming this is an "original" and not a "reproduction" MM? If so, this is a fairly common issue with the ball trough on WPC-era games; the metal track in the ball trough develops small depressions or divots over time, and the balls can get hung up
    on those. The fix is to either remove the trough assembly from the game and file out the divots, or you can opt to use a sleeve that fits into the trough and covers the divots, like this one from Marco: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jake@21:1/5 to Joseph 'Tony' Dziedzic on Wed Oct 13 09:16:48 2021
    On Friday, September 10, 2021 at 6:10:00 AM UTC-5, Joseph 'Tony' Dziedzic wrote:
    On Thursday, September 9, 2021 at 5:00:36 PM UTC-4, Jake wrote:
    I'm assuming this is an "original" and not a "reproduction" MM? If so, this is a fairly common issue with the ball trough on WPC-era games; the metal track in the ball trough develops small depressions or divots over time, and the balls can get hung up
    on those. The fix is to either remove the trough assembly from the game and file out the divots, or you can opt to use a sleeve that fits into the trough and covers the divots, like this one from Marco: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

Tony - Thank you for the tip. I ordered the sleeve from Marco and everything works great now! I appreciate the quick response.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05