• Machines

From Steven Campbell@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jun 9 04:53:15 2021
    Thanks to recommendations and emails from those that took the time to help me off this group, we were able to have a good weekend run picking up machines.

I got 8 machines for under 1800. They were split as far as EM compared to SS, but the owners I ran into were some of the nicest pinball people I have met to date. Both of my stops were in Kansas and although I watched a deer try to cross the
    highway and end up loosing it's head, the whole day was a pretty good run.

I was able to get 7 pinballs and 1 pitch and bat. for the amount of money I spent you just couldnt ask for better deals.

The biggest part of it was the fact that although I always lean towards EM's and that's just because that's what I learned on when I was taught pin repair, use of that repair word is really stretched, I am not passing up SS's like I use to.

But the biggest part of all of it was the fact that I have heard in the last 2 weeks the same thing from just about EVERYONE. The pinball hobby has exploded and the reason being was the pandemic. I do wonder where it will be in a year from now, but
    prices for used machines, being able to find machines that owners wil let go is still hard.

I really believe that we are a marker point with this hobby and it would be cool to see where it is at a year from now. I am watching it and as long as I keep finding those as great as last weekend....things should be fine.

thanks

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From LexingtonVAPin@21:1/5 to Steven Campbell on Thu Jun 10 10:07:05 2021
    On 6/9/21 7:53 AM, Steven Campbell wrote:
    Thanks to recommendations and emails from those that took the time to help me off this group, we were able to have a good weekend run picking up machines.

I got 8 machines for under 1800. They were split as far as EM compared to SS, but the owners I ran into were some of the nicest pinball people I have met to date. Both of my stops were in Kansas and although I watched a deer try to cross the
    highway and end up loosing it's head, the whole day was a pretty good run.

I was able to get 7 pinballs and 1 pitch and bat. for the amount of money I spent you just couldnt ask for better deals.

The biggest part of it was the fact that although I always lean towards EM's and that's just because that's what I learned on when I was taught pin repair, use of that repair word is really stretched, I am not passing up SS's like I use to.

But the biggest part of all of it was the fact that I have heard in the last 2 weeks the same thing from just about EVERYONE. The pinball hobby has exploded and the reason being was the pandemic. I do wonder where it will be in a year from now,
    but prices for used machines, being able to find machines that owners wil let go is still hard.

I really believe that we are a marker point with this hobby and it would be cool to see where it is at a year from now. I am watching it and as long as I keep finding those as great as last weekend....things should be fine.

thanks

Stunning. Congratulations. I guess I need to move. :-)

Out of curiosity, would you be willing to name which pins you got?

Thanks.

--
    http://orcalcoast.com/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)