• best way to sell a collection?

From woodrow@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 25 23:12:46 2021
    i'm moving and need to sell 5 (or 6) SS pins. unfortunately they've been in non-climate-controlled storage for 5 years, and have started developing rust, cracked rubber, etc. i don't have time to clean them up for sale, or even test functionality, and
    would prefer to sell them together rather than individually. what are my best options for finding a buyer? i'd love to make a deal with a hobbyist, but i'm guessing craigslist flippers might be my best shot?

Theatre of Magic, Funhouse, Pinball Magic, Freddy, WCS'94, The Shadow, located in Marin, CA.

(i'd also consider a trade for a 9+ TAF, in which case i'd also sell my TAF.)

cheers!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From LexingtonVAPin@21:1/5 to woodrow on Thu Aug 26 10:53:29 2021
    On 8/26/21 2:12 AM, woodrow wrote:
    i'm moving and need to sell 5 (or 6) SS pins. unfortunately they've been in non-climate-controlled storage for 5 years, and have started developing rust, cracked rubber, etc. i don't have time to clean them up for sale, or even test functionality,
    and would prefer to sell them together rather than individually. what are my best options for finding a buyer? i'd love to make a deal with a hobbyist, but i'm guessing craigslist flippers might be my best shot?

Theatre of Magic, Funhouse, Pinball Magic, Freddy, WCS'94, The Shadow, located in Marin, CA.

cheers!

Craigs List will bring you a lot of scams, but maybe a legitimate buyer.

Pinside has an active Classified Ads section. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds

Mr. Pinball has classified ads, but they are not as active as they used
    to be.
    https://user.xmission.com/~daina/classified/index.html

As much as I don't like to admit it, Facebook has a pretty good
    classified section.

In most cases, people will not want the entire group and try to split
    them. And you are more likely to get the most money selling them
    individually.

If you were on the east coast, I would take a shot at them.

Don't under price them. Pinball prices went way up during the pandemic, although they might be coming down a bit. It is difficult to get a good
    feel for what they should bring, because price depends on condition.
    Here is a good place to start:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive

--
    http://orcalcoast.com/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From woodrow@21:1/5 to All on Thu Aug 26 11:21:24 2021
    yeah, Pinside and Mr Pinball is the route i'm going to take if i give up on a bulk sale. will look into facebook, but don't want all my contacts to know what a degenerate i am :) craigslist is last resort. maybe i'll take a crack at nextdoor ..

thanks for the input!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From pacmangriffy@gmail.com@21:1/5 to woodrow on Thu Aug 26 12:56:23 2021
    On Wednesday, August 25, 2021 at 11:12:51 PM UTC-7, woodrow wrote:
    i'm moving and need to sell 5 (or 6) SS pins. unfortunately they've been in non-climate-controlled storage for 5 years, and have started developing rust, cracked rubber, etc. i don't have time to clean them up for sale, or even test functionality, and
    would prefer to sell them together rather than individually. what are my best options for finding a buyer? i'd love to make a deal with a hobbyist, but i'm guessing craigslist flippers might be my best shot?

cheers!
    Hello Please get ahold of me, I am in San Diego ca
    my website
    elitepinballrestorations.com
    email pacmangriffy@yahoo.com
    cell# 619-792-4332 for texting i get horrible cell service here

Thanks

Chris

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From LexingtonVAPin@21:1/5 to woodrow on Thu Aug 26 17:15:06 2021
    On 8/26/21 2:21 PM, woodrow wrote:
    yeah, Pinside and Mr Pinball is the route i'm going to take if i give up on a bulk sale. will look into facebook, but don't want all my contacts to know what a degenerate i am :) craigslist is last resort. maybe i'll take a crack at nextdoor ..

thanks for the input!

I have limited experience with NextDoor. From what I can tell, it's distribution for 'local deals' is geographically pretty limited.

--
    http://orcalcoast.com/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From pacmangriffy@gmail.com@21:1/5 to pacman...@gmail.com on Thu Aug 26 17:05:52 2021
    On Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 12:56:29 PM UTC-7, pacman...@gmail.com wrote:
    i'm moving and need to sell 5 (or 6) SS pins. unfortunately they've been in non-climate-controlled storage for 5 years, and have started developing rust, cracked rubber, etc. i don't have time to clean them up for sale, or even test functionality,
    and would prefer to sell them together rather than individually. what are my best options for finding a buyer? i'd love to make a deal with a hobbyist, but i'm guessing craigslist flippers might be my best shot?

cheers!
    my website
    email pacman...@yahoo.com

Thanks

Chris

oops my cell is 619-792-4331
    Dont know how the heck a 2 got in there!

Chris

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From DomaineR@21:1/5 to woodrow on Fri Aug 27 13:05:27 2021

cheers!

hey, I'd be interested in your imperfect TAF if you decide to let it go and use your newfound pile of cash to get the 9+ one of your dreams. I'm local and could do cash on the barrel. Cash in hand might help you find that perfect TAF easier! I'm at:
    cornews aht pacbell doht net Best. D

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From woodpost@21:1/5 to pacman...@gmail.com on Fri Aug 27 16:31:37 2021

my website

howdy Chris, thanks for your interest. i actually just found a collector in my neighborhood who's interested in a few. i'll contact you after that's been sorted.

cheers!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From woodpost@21:1/5 to DomaineR on Fri Aug 27 16:34:08 2021
    On Friday, August 27, 2021 at 1:05:33 PM UTC-7, DomaineR wrote:
    hey, I'd be interested in your imperfect TAF if you decide to let it go and use your newfound pile of cash to get the 9+ one of your dreams. I'm local and could do cash on the barrel. Cash in hand might help you find that perfect TAF easier! I'm at:
    cornews aht pacbell doht net Best. D

gotcha. will contact you if i go this route.

cheers!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From pacmangriffy@gmail.com@21:1/5 to woodpost on Fri Aug 27 16:47:57 2021
    On Friday, August 27, 2021 at 4:31:42 PM UTC-7, woodpost wrote:
    my website
    howdy Chris, thanks for your interest. i actually just found a collector in my neighborhood who's interested in a few. i'll contact you after that's been sorted.

cheers!

Hello, Just to put it out there I restored an Addams pin this year for my personal collection with everything replaced, might be up for a trade for some of these and your Addams

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From woodpost@21:1/5 to pacman...@gmail.com on Fri Aug 27 20:09:06 2021
    On Friday, August 27, 2021 at 4:48:02 PM UTC-7, pacman...@gmail.com wrote:

Hello, Just to put it out there I restored an Addams pin this year for my personal collection with everything replaced, might be up for a trade for some of these and your Addams

intriguing! i mailed you at your @yahoo address.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From pacmangriffy@gmail.com@21:1/5 to woodpost on Fri Aug 27 20:23:37 2021
    On Friday, August 27, 2021 at 8:09:11 PM UTC-7, woodpost wrote:
    On Friday, August 27, 2021 at 4:48:02 PM UTC-7, pacman...@gmail.com wrote:

intriguing! i mailed you at your @yahoo address.

I haven't seen any emails from you
    pacmangriffy is my email for google and Yahoo just at the at whatever after
    or elitepinballrestorations.com has my contact email and cell
    Thanks

Chris

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From psk445@21:1/5 to woodrow on Tue Aug 31 20:33:35 2021
    Hi,

I'm fairly local and have been dying to pick up a Theatre of Magic or Shadow. Please email me for a quick easy cash sale.

Thanks!
    JJ

cheers!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05