• tech: johnny mnemonic hand switches

From pinworks@21:1/5 to All on Mon Aug 2 07:39:37 2021
    I've been looking at the manual page 2-27 with the parts list of this game. Terrible documentation. It lists 2 mini micro switches and two opto board brackets. I have watched the available videos on youtube. I think I understand the glove movement,
    but I cannot tell where the micro switches are mounted and where the optos are located. I need to go quite a distance to work on a game and I need to know what parts I might need, Can anyone tell me what motions are controlled by opto and what by micro
    switch?

Thanks
    pinworks

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Joseph 'Tony' Dziedzic@21:1/5 to pinw...@bellsouth.net on Wed Aug 4 07:20:43 2021
    On Monday, August 2, 2021 at 10:39:45 AM UTC-4, pinw...@bellsouth.net wrote:
    I've been looking at the manual page 2-27 with the parts list of this game. Terrible documentation. It lists 2 mini micro switches and two opto board brackets. I have watched the available videos on youtube. I think I understand the glove movement, but
    I cannot tell where the micro switches are mounted and where the optos are located. I need to go quite a distance to work on a game and I need to know what parts I might need, Can anyone tell me what motions are controlled by opto and what by micro
    switch?

Thanks
    pinworks
    Too bad Williams never released the "future amendment" to the game manual like they promised on page 2-26...

The opto switches (pairs) are positioned by the rotary encoders that are mounted to each motor shaft. If you look at the bottom motor shown on page 2-27 the opto for that motor is that small assembly right above the "2-27" page number; the optos are
    switches 74-77 in the switch matrix. The microswitches are for the "hand home" detection, switches 12 and 37 in the switch matrix. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures available of the hand assembly to help.

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Joseph 'Tony' Dziedzic@21:1/5 to Joseph 'Tony' Dziedzic on Wed Aug 4 15:01:41 2021
    On Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 10:20:50 AM UTC-4, Joseph 'Tony' Dziedzic wrote:
    On Monday, August 2, 2021 at 10:39:45 AM UTC-4, pinw...@bellsouth.net wrote:
    I've been looking at the manual page 2-27 with the parts list of this game. Terrible documentation. It lists 2 mini micro switches and two opto board brackets. I have watched the available videos on youtube. I think I understand the glove movement,
    but I cannot tell where the micro switches are mounted and where the optos are located. I need to go quite a distance to work on a game and I need to know what parts I might need, Can anyone tell me what motions are controlled by opto and what by micro
    switch?

Thanks
    pinworks
    Too bad Williams never released the "future amendment" to the game manual like they promised on page 2-26...

The opto switches (pairs) are positioned by the rotary encoders that are mounted to each motor shaft. If you look at the bottom motor shown on page 2-27 the opto for that motor is that small assembly right above the "2-27" page number; the optos are
    switches 74-77 in the switch matrix. The microswitches are for the "hand home" detection, switches 12 and 37 in the switch matrix. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures available of the hand assembly to help.

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

Oh, and to answer the question I overlooked, the optos "count" shaft rotation to determine the position of the hand from the home point.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05