• Location of Machines

From Steven Campbell@21:1/5 to LexingtonVAPin on Thu Jun 3 13:41:16 2021
    On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 11:05:40 AM UTC-5, LexingtonVAPin wrote:
    On 6/2/21 8:43 AM, Steven Campbell wrote:
    Hello

Maybe an observation question instead of a Tech question.

Five years ago I had to sell everything pinball from all my machines down to all my parts. It was due to my mother taking ill and needing a in house care giver. Since it was the house i grew up in...there was NO ROOM for even my pinball dolly.

Now that time has passed a good friend of mine decided he wanted machines and had people that were wanting to find machines to buy. After a couple of weeks and meals, I agreed to restart pinball with him as a backer so to speak.

First off, I put one ad up. Out of that ad I have had SO MANY hits that I really was caught off guard. I finally stopped saying yes I am interested and instead saying, "I will need some time to go over etc.etc.etc."

There were just too many hits coming in and keeping stuff straight was hard right off the bat. Now down to why I am posting. All along and all the years I have been involved I have always believed that if anyone lives south of a line horizontally
    from Kansas south, that you probably and most definitely missed out of a lot of this hobby I have always said that if you live North of the line I mention or you live in the North East then you are very lucky as you were in an area that was just flooded
    with machines and operators back in the EM days.

I have never seen in person a big ball bowler. I have never seen the arcade Chicago Coin cabinet machines. All the shooting games, the flying games..etc...just was not around. We didnt'[ get the variety that people up north got.

But with all the hits I got back off my ad, every one of them are so very kind, and so very patient and nice.. Especially the ones in Michigan and Kansas. The Mich. conversations I have had agree 100 percent concernign machine locations etc.

To end this, to have the games I am searching, YES I have to drive with truck and trailer. But I am getting games I have wanted. AND there are machines I have never ever heard of. And I thought i Myknew a lot!!!!

Thanks and I do apologize for taking up so much space
    and unless you disagree with m e, have patience with us southern folk

--Steve

Congratulations on your finds.
    then I loose money.> Where did you put your ad?

I posted on Mr Pinball Classifieds.....and I am still getting hits...The prices do vary
    a lot from south to north. I always try to buy nonworkings EM's that need some work as well as
    some cosmetic work for 400 or less.
    I have always found them for around that price. I cant' afford to pay much higher because when I sell it, that is if I do sell it,
    I end up loosing money. For me, I can get in and out of a EM much faster and much cheaper then a SS. and my SS skills are
    lacking. I am picking up two this weekend and I think I can get them back up, SS that is, but, it will take longer then if they were EM's.

But Mr Pinball classifieds have always helped me

--Steve

I used to use Mr. Pinball, but that seems to have mostly dried up. And Craigs List gets mostly scams anymore.

I dislike using Facebook, but in my area, that seems to be the only way.

How are you finding the prices to be? Around here, they are
    ridiculously high. It seems that Covid drove people who 'always wanted
    a pinball' to get one.

I am waiting to see if (hopefully) post-Covid, they get tired of their purchase.

--
    http://orcalcoast.com/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Pinball Postal@21:1/5 to steve...@gmail.com on Mon Jun 7 10:00:22 2021
    On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 3:41:22 PM UTC-5, steve...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 11:05:40 AM UTC-5, LexingtonVAPin wrote:
    On 6/2/21 8:43 AM, Steven Campbell wrote:
    Hello

Maybe an observation question instead of a Tech question.

Five years ago I had to sell everything pinball from all my machines down to all my parts. It was due to my mother taking ill and needing a in house care giver. Since it was the house i grew up in...there was NO ROOM for even my pinball dolly.

Now that time has passed a good friend of mine decided he wanted machines and had people that were wanting to find machines to buy. After a couple of weeks and meals, I agreed to restart pinball with him as a backer so to speak.

First off, I put one ad up. Out of that ad I have had SO MANY hits that I really was caught off guard. I finally stopped saying yes I am interested and instead saying, "I will need some time to go over etc.etc.etc."

There were just too many hits coming in and keeping stuff straight was hard right off the bat. Now down to why I am posting. All along and all the years I have been involved I have always believed that if anyone lives south of a line horizontally
    from Kansas south, that you probably and most definitely missed out of a lot of this hobby I have always said that if you live North of the line I mention or you live in the North East then you are very lucky as you were in an area that was just flooded
    with machines and operators back in the EM days.

I have never seen in person a big ball bowler. I have never seen the arcade Chicago Coin cabinet machines. All the shooting games, the flying games..etc...just was not around. We didnt'[ get the variety that people up north got.

But with all the hits I got back off my ad, every one of them are so very kind, and so very patient and nice.. Especially the ones in Michigan and Kansas. The Mich. conversations I have had agree 100 percent concernign machine locations etc.

To end this, to have the games I am searching, YES I have to drive with truck and trailer. But I am getting games I have wanted. AND there are machines I have never ever heard of. And I thought i Myknew a lot!!!!

Thanks and I do apologize for taking up so much space
    and unless you disagree with m e, have patience with us southern folk

--Steve

Congratulations on your finds.
    then I loose money.> Where did you put your ad?

I posted on Mr Pinball Classifieds.....and I am still getting hits...The prices do vary
    a lot from south to north. I always try to buy nonworkings EM's that need some work as well as
    some cosmetic work for 400 or less.
    I have always found them for around that price. I cant' afford to pay much higher because when I sell it, that is if I do sell it,
    I end up loosing money. For me, I can get in and out of a EM much faster and much cheaper then a SS. and my SS skills are
    lacking. I am picking up two this weekend and I think I can get them back up, SS that is, but, it will take longer then if they were EM's.

But Mr Pinball classifieds have always helped me

--Steve
    I used to use Mr. Pinball, but that seems to have mostly dried up. And Craigs List gets mostly scams anymore.

I dislike using Facebook, but in my area, that seems to be the only way.

How are you finding the prices to be? Around here, they are
    ridiculously high. It seems that Covid drove people who 'always wanted
    a pinball' to get one.

I am waiting to see if (hopefully) post-Covid, they get tired of their purchase.

--
    http://orcalcoast.com/

Yes, as you can see the pinball hobby has changed in leaps and bounds in the last 5 years, mostly in the last year and a half. Prices have skyrocketed and the number of scammers have followed suit. Be really careful as the scammers have upped their game
    and are pretty clever.

The days of buying decent machines, electromechanical and solid state, making a few repairs and trying to sell for even a measly profit have mostly disappeared. If there is a deal to be made you better have cash, your vehicle gassed up and ready to go
    and be prepared to have someone else offer more money to beat you to the deal.

Good luck.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)