• It's been awhile ;)

From Telemachos Dragon@21:1/5 to All on Sun Aug 4 10:10:47 2019
    Hi gang,

I wonder if anyone around here still remembers me since it's been awhile since I last thought of my Dragon life. But I used to be a fairly active member of this group almost 20 years ago. Back then I was working on the Ultima 1 remake as well as a bunch
    of other Ultima related software projects.

Fun to see this group still in existance ;)

Cheers,

Telemachos Dragon

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Goldenflame Dragon@21:1/5 to All on Sun Aug 4 15:25:24 2019
    Hi, Telemachos! I certainly remember you. :) I hope you're doing well! I'm still working on my Ultima-style game. Not sure if anyone else is still reading here, except Cran, who is omnipresent. Take care!

Goldenflame Dragon

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From ultimadragons25th@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Telemachos Dragon on Sun Aug 4 18:46:06 2019
    On Sunday, August 4, 2019 at 1:10:48 PM UTC-4, Telemachos Dragon wrote:
    Hi gang,

I wonder if anyone around here still remembers me since it's been awhile since I last thought of my Dragon life. But I used to be a fairly active member of this group almost 20 years ago. Back then I was working on the Ultima 1 remake as well as a
    bunch of other Ultima related software projects.

Fun to see this group still in existance ;)

Cheers,

Telemachos Dragon

Hello there, Telemachos! I don't think we've met, but I am Gallara Dragon, the Cran of whom Goldenflame spoke. He's right though. I tend to move around a lot..

There's been a ton of activity lately in the UDIC Facebook group. Chastain recently returned after a bit of a Dragon hiatus and has been starting all kinds of Ultima and non-Ultima conversations. The other centers of UDIC activity these days are mainly
    the Discord and Twitter @ultimadragons, though we have a few other venues (like Reddit.) Sadly the G+ group went away when that shut down.

I still run a little mailing list especially for Dragons who don't use social media (or don't get there often); you can get on it by dropping me a line at ultimadragons25th@gmail.com. Lately I started a Patreon to support some of the stuff I do for the
    Dragons which you can see at https://www.patreon.com/gallara.

So while the newsgroup is ever sleepy anymore, there's still a lot of UDIC action. Always nice to see an old Dragon returning. I HAD heard of you, at
    least. ;) Happy 20th Dragonversary, as of June 14! :)

Take care and hope to see you around!

Gallara Dragon
    -==(UDIC)==-

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Chastain Dragon@21:1/5 to Telemachos Dragon on Mon Aug 5 09:45:17 2019
    On Sunday, August 4, 2019 at 1:10:48 PM UTC-4, Telemachos Dragon wrote:
    Hi gang <snip>

Hello, Telemachos Dragon good to see you back. It's been a while for me too, over a decade at least. I've been trying to dive in headfirst and get some things going all around. Gallara Dragon has been filling me in on all that I missed in my absence. I
    don't Twitter that much but I aim to soon. I've been trying to stir up some conversation on Facebook and it's amazing to see all the things we all have in common both Ultima related or not. makes me feel like a real family again. I hope to hear from you
    on Facebook.

Cheers,

Chastain Dragon
    -==(UDIC)==-

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Telemachos Dragon@21:1/5 to Chastain Dragon on Thu Aug 8 11:55:14 2019
    On Monday, August 5, 2019 at 6:45:18 PM UTC+2, Chastain Dragon wrote:
    Hello, Telemachos Dragon good to see you back.

Hi Goldenflame, Gallara and Chastain!

Facebook, yes of course. I should have thought of that...
    I do have Facebook, but as you probably can guess I don't use it that much. But it makes sense that UDIC activity would have moved away from such old-school formats as newsgroups.

Thanks for pointing me towards it ;)

Cheers,
    Telemachos

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05