• ENOUGH DAMN FIGHTING GAMES!!! I miss contra

From marcocpt@inwind.it@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 5 03:12:08 2020
    Il giorno giovedì 2 novembre 1995 09:00:00 UTC+1, J. Lee ha scritto:
    In article <Williams_D-0211951048030001@wtmsmc.scsu.ctstateu.edu>,
    DL Williams <Williams_D@SCSU.CTSTATEU.EDU> wrote:
    I remember the old days when I could walk into an arcade and almost every >game in there every game in there wasn't a fighter. I missed those days.

<Sentimental *SNIFF*> Yup, me, too. I must have spent $50 on Double
    Dragon as a kid.

Don't get me wrong wrong. I think games like Killier Insticnt, Tekken, the >Street Fighters, and the Mortal Combats are all great games, but I'm sick >of every single time I play one these games having to take on 50 people >waiting to play me.

It used to be when you'd play an arcaded game and the game would be over >when when the computer finally got the best of you, but for those of use >who aren't fighting game masters, the game could be over as soon as
    another gamer puts in his two quarters.

Or for some, like the MK games, the computer'll kick your ass in two
    seconds flat.

I love a challenge, but I miss quality games arcade like contra and double >dragon when it was a relief when someone joined in.

ENOUGH STREET FIGHTING GAMES, 2D OR 3D!

ANY PROGRAMERS LISTENING PLEASE MAKE MORE QUALITY ARCADE GAMES THAT AREN'T >2D OR 3D STREET FIGHTING GAMES

I want to play some games as good as MK3 or Tekken that aren't Street Fighters.
    Anyone else feel this way?
    Can I get a witness?

Peace I'm out.
    \\//
    -DL

Peace 'n' love yourself. A good solution to your probblem is to find an arcade that still has a bunch of old games. There's one here in Seattle (just up the street) that has 720, Off-Road, Bubble Bobbble, Snow Bros.,
    and some really cool pinball machines.
    --
    #666 - The Gridiron Warrior : "I mean, who am us, anyway?" -Firesign Theater jfl666@u.washington.edu : NARF! SPOOOOOOON! FNORD!
    Jerry: "You've got that special thing that only comes from here."
    Yakko: "Oh, that's just a spaghetti stain." -Animaniacs

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Mike Garcia@21:1/5 to marcocpt@inwind.it on Mon Jan 25 11:05:17 2021
    marcocpt@inwind.it wrote:
    l giorno giovedì 2 novembre 1995 09:00:00 UTC+1, J. Lee ha scritto:
    In article<Williams_D-0211951048030001@wtmsmc.scsu.ctstateu.edu>,
    DL Williams<Williams_D@SCSU.CTSTATEU.EDU> wrote:
    I remember the old days when I could walk into an arcade and almost every >>> game in there every game in there wasn't a fighter. I missed those days.
    <Sentimental*SNIFF*> Yup, me, too. I must have spent $50 on Double
    Dragon as a kid.

Don't get me wrong wrong. I think games like Killier Insticnt, Tekken, the >>> Street Fighters, and the Mortal Combats are all great games, but I'm sick >>> of every single time I play one these games having to take on 50 people
    waiting to play me.

It used to be when you'd play an arcaded game and the game would be over >>> when when the computer finally got the best of you, but for those of use >>> who aren't fighting game masters, the game could be over as soon as
    another gamer puts in his two quarters.
    Or for some, like the MK games, the computer'll kick your ass in two
    seconds flat.

I love a challenge, but I miss quality games arcade like contra and double >>> dragon when it was a relief when someone joined in.

ENOUGH STREET FIGHTING GAMES, 2D OR 3D!

ANY PROGRAMERS LISTENING PLEASE MAKE MORE QUALITY ARCADE GAMES THAT AREN'T >>> 2D OR 3D STREET FIGHTING GAMES

I want to play some games as good as MK3 or Tekken that aren't Street Fighters.
    Anyone else feel this way?
    Can I get a witness?

Peace I'm out.
    \\//
    -DL
    Peace 'n' love yourself. A good solution to your probblem is to find an
    arcade that still has a bunch of old games. There's one here in Seattle
    (just up the street) that has 720, Off-Road, Bubble Bobbble, Snow Bros.,
    and some really cool pinball machines.
    --
    good post OP!
    Funny... and true about fighters vs action fighters

----------
    http://mgarcia.org/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)