• [SPOILERS] HELP! Stuck on Daniel M. Stelzer's Scroll Thief - don't know

From jeffreyjkaufman@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 26 10:27:19 2016
    SPOILERS BELOW

Playing Daniel Seltzer's Scroll Thief - I’m playing the version that’s currently available in IFDB – it says its Version 2, Inform 7.
    http://ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=o6kvclutag67skou

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

I am trying to get the sphere into the clean room.

My assumption is that the solution to the puzzle is to get the blue sphere down the vent, and then get the adventurer to give me the red sphere and then send her, through a series of chain commands, into the clean room without the sphere, so that I now
    have the red sphere, and she’s in the room with the blue sphere, and therefore I can talk to her.

What I tried to do is:

Drop the blue sphere down the vent.
    Go with the adventurer to the top of the stairs
    Take red sphere from adventurer.
    Tell adventurer to GO DOWN THEN GO SE

In my mind, the adventurer should now be in the room with the blue sphere, and so I should be able to talk to her and see what she sees since I have the red sphere.

However, when I drop the blue sphere down the vent and then look at the red sphere, the game just returns a room name (IN THE OVEN) but no room description.

And when I send the adventurer into the clean room, I’m not able to see or talk to her via the red sphere.

I thought maybe I had to have the adventurer go in and open the oven or something, but when you send her to the room she doesn’t seem to be able to respond to any chain commands other than GO SE THEN HIT THE DUCTS.

So, at this point, I’m either way off base and stuck, or there is a bug. I’d love to know if it’s the latter, so I’m not spending my time trying to solve it when its not functioning the way its intended. (And if it’s the former, where have I
    gone off track!)

Thanks in advance.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From jeffreyjkaufman@gmail.com@21:1/5 to jeffrey...@gmail.com on Wed Sep 28 13:37:12 2016
    On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 1:27:21 PM UTC-4, jeffrey...@gmail.com wrote:
    SPOILERS BELOW

Playing Daniel Seltzer's Scroll Thief - I’m playing the version that’s currently available in IFDB – it says its Version 2, Inform 7.
    http://ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=o6kvclutag67skou

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

I am trying to get the sphere into the clean room.

My assumption is that the solution to the puzzle is to get the blue sphere down the vent, and then get the adventurer to give me the red sphere and then send her, through a series of chain commands, into the clean room without the sphere, so that I now
    have the red sphere, and she’s in the room with the blue sphere, and therefore I can talk to her.

What I tried to do is:

Drop the blue sphere down the vent.
    Go with the adventurer to the top of the stairs
    Take red sphere from adventurer.
    Tell adventurer to GO DOWN THEN GO SE

In my mind, the adventurer should now be in the room with the blue sphere, and so I should be able to talk to her and see what she sees since I have the red sphere.

However, when I drop the blue sphere down the vent and then look at the red sphere, the game just returns a room name (IN THE OVEN) but no room description.

And when I send the adventurer into the clean room, I’m not able to see or talk to her via the red sphere.

I thought maybe I had to have the adventurer go in and open the oven or something, but when you send her to the room she doesn’t seem to be able to respond to any chain commands other than GO SE THEN HIT THE DUCTS.

So, at this point, I’m either way off base and stuck, or there is a bug. I’d love to know if it’s the latter, so I’m not spending my time trying to solve it when its not functioning the way its intended. (And if it’s the former, where have
    I gone off track!)

Thanks in advance.

Never mind, figured it out. Enjoyed this game a lot, but IMHO it is VERY under-hinted and suffers from some real guess-the-verb type problems in several places (above being one of them). Places where you try seven things that really should be allowed
    given the logic on the eighth that finally works. Fun game though, and otherwise well-written.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)