• Fabularium - multi-format GLK IF interpreter for Android

From tcowperapps@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jan 20 02:17:09 2018
    Hi all

I've recently released an Android GLK implementation, bundled together with terps for all the major IF formats, a la Gargoyle.

The app is called "Fabularium" and you should be able to find it in the Google play store by searching for "fabularium interactive fiction".

I believe this app is capable of handling pretty much anything you might throw at Gargoyle, along with some extra features (e. g. support for most of TADS HTML / multimedia).

The app also allows users to create IF on their Android device, via the bundled Inform or TADS 3 compilers, although that feature is not yet as polished.

I'd welcome (constructive) feedback from any Android users who have the time and inclination to comment. Depending on how much feedback / uptake the app gets in future versions I'll polish any rough edges and look at some additional features to make it
    more user-friendly.

Cheers

Tim

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From mousermissions@gmail.com@21:1/5 to tcowp...@gmail.com on Tue Mar 20 23:15:09 2018
    On Saturday, January 20, 2018 at 4:17:11 AM UTC-6, tcowp...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hi all

I've recently released an Android GLK implementation, bundled together with terps for all the major IF formats, a la Gargoyle.

The app is called "Fabularium" and you should be able to find it in the Google play store by searching for "fabularium interactive fiction".

I believe this app is capable of handling pretty much anything you might throw at Gargoyle, along with some extra features (e. g. support for most of TADS HTML / multimedia).

The app also allows users to create IF on their Android device, via the bundled Inform or TADS 3 compilers, although that feature is not yet as polished.

I'd welcome (constructive) feedback from any Android users who have the time and inclination to comment. Depending on how much feedback / uptake the app gets in future versions I'll polish any rough edges and look at some additional features to make it
    more user-friendly.

Cheers

Tim

I LOVE this app! You did a fantastic job. My older boys and I use it almost everyday. Please keep up the great work.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Geoffrey@21:1/5 to tcowp...@gmail.com on Tue Apr 17 01:49:52 2018
    On Saturday, 20 January 2018 11:17:11 UTC+1, tcowp...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hi all

more user-friendly.

Cheers

Tim

I will have to look into this a bit further. I downloaded it, but right now I am at work and the adding of game files is not turning out to be as easy as I would expect.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05