• [slashem] Non-fitting sacrifice gift for Yeoman

    From Janis Papanagnou@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jan 2 12:10:30 2021
    After having received the two assigned artifact weapons for my
    lawful Yeoman I was (at first) pleased to have then gotten the
    uncursed poisoned long sword named Fire Brand, before I noticed
    that I received it poisoned; not well fitting for a Yeoman who
    is punished for not following his conduct of not using poisonous
    weapons?

    Janis

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Eric Pozharski@21:1/5 to Janis Papanagnou on Sun Jan 3 18:42:40 2021
    with <rspkb6$tqf$1@news-1.m-online.net> Janis Papanagnou wrote:
    After having received the two assigned artifact weapons for my
    lawful Yeoman I was (at first) pleased to have then gotten the
    uncursed poisoned long sword named Fire Brand, before I noticed
    that I received it poisoned; not well fitting for a Yeoman who
    is punished for not following his conduct of not using poisonous
    weapons?

    Yeah, joys of slashem :) Mon receiving broadsword (Why so sad? You
    can train it to basic in no time), Hea receiving Mirrorbright (But
    reflection, man. What's wrong with reflection?). However, my favored
    is starting with ?oL, /oL, and +oLight. I don't remember getting (ol
    that time, probably because that role is generated without tools.

    As of your particular situation, from limited experience (I have dealt
    with poisoned daggers only (and maybe once with darts, but that's moot))
    -- coating goes away with use. Poisoned artifacts may be totally
    different though. Yes, The Wiki isn't helpful again.

    --
    Torvalds' goal for Linux is very simple: World Domination
    Stallman's goal for GNU is even simpler: Freedom

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Janis Papanagnou@21:1/5 to Eric Pozharski on Mon Jan 4 04:10:46 2021
    On 03.01.2021 17:42, Eric Pozharski wrote:
    with <rspkb6$tqf$1@news-1.m-online.net> Janis Papanagnou wrote:
    [ Yeoman who is punished for not following his conduct getting
    poisonous weapon fro sacrifice ]

    Yeah, joys of slashem :)

    As of your particular situation, from limited experience (I have dealt
    with poisoned daggers only (and maybe once with darts, but that's moot))
    -- coating goes away with use. Poisoned artifacts may be totally
    different though. Yes, The Wiki isn't helpful again.

    After a few test hits with the poisoned Fire Brand I decided to stash
    it away, went with the Sword of Balance, and dipped for Excalibur to
    two-weapon these artifacts. Both artifacts blessed and at +3, Skilled
    in Longswords and Two-weaponing, everything went smoothly; a really
    great combo!

    I did the lawful quest (to get a poor man's magic whistle in form of
    blessed eucalyptus leafs), no amulet of flying though, did the neutral
    quest, had done Grund's stronghold, got a few points more protection
    using its gold. Then I returned to the lawful quest to sacrifice some
    more, leaving my powerful minions in the main dungeons to not get in
    my way. Meanwhile tired, certainly overconfident, and thus inattentive
    I hit the kangaroo that came in a group of three and was dead in two
    turns.

    Janis

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Janis Papanagnou@21:1/5 to Janis Papanagnou on Mon Jan 4 10:51:02 2021
    On 04.01.2021 04:10, Janis Papanagnou wrote:
    After a few test hits with the poisoned Fire Brand I decided to stash
    it away, went with the Sword of Balance, and dipped for Excalibur to two-weapon these artifacts. Both artifacts blessed and at +3, Skilled
    in Longswords and Two-weaponing, everything went smoothly; a really
    great combo!

    Just noticed that it was the Sword of Justice (not Balance) that my
    Yeoman got; the latter would not have been that great.

    My current Samurai has also just got the Sword of Justice, his third
    longsword artifact; he found Excalibur in a pile of bones recently and
    his first gift Snickersee got enchanted to +7. So he's also prepared
    to die to some stupidity. Too bad that the Sword of Justice will most
    likely stay in his bag since Excalibur as primary weapon seems to be
    a given for drain resistance and I don't want to abandon Snickersnee
    with its high enchantment.

    Janis

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)