• modelling music

From Mike Smith@21:1/5 to All on Sat Apr 11 06:12:56 2020
    Doing a post apocalyptic set of miniatures and terrain, while checking something on YouTube came across 'Dark Jazz' - The one I found was about an hour long and perfect for the job in hand, reminiscent of the music from Twin peaks. I won't link to it as
    there is plenty out there. Makes a change from 'trailer music' when modelling sci-fi subjects.
    Anyone got any recommendations?

Cheers

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Tim Albers@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 14 07:42:12 2020
    Am 11.04.2020 um 15:12 schrieb Mike Smith:
    Doing a post apocalyptic set of miniatures and terrain, while checking something on YouTube came across 'Dark Jazz' - The one I found was about an hour long and perfect for the job in hand, reminiscent of the music from Twin peaks. I won't link to it
    as there is plenty out there. Makes a change from 'trailer music' when modelling sci-fi subjects.

I don't use music as a background but old, well known TV Series where I
    don't need to see the picture to know what's on. All the different Star
    Trek series on Netflix for example.

--
    SunDancer
    All your squigs are belongz to me!
    [TAG] Fairy & [POLL]-Enforcer
    https://blog.der-boese-metaller.de

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mike Smith@21:1/5 to Tim Albers on Tue Apr 14 05:40:50 2020
    On Tuesday, 14 April 2020 06:42:03 UTC+1, Tim Albers wrote:
    Am 11.04.2020 um 15:12 schrieb Mike Smith:
    Doing a post apocalyptic set of miniatures and terrain, while checking something on YouTube came across 'Dark Jazz' - The one I found was about an hour long and perfect for the job in hand, reminiscent of the music from Twin peaks. I won't link to it
    as there is plenty out there. Makes a change from 'trailer music' when modelling sci-fi subjects.

I don't use music as a background but old, well known TV Series where I
    don't need to see the picture to know what's on. All the different Star
    Trek series on Netflix for example.

I find any dialogue distracting but Lisa Gerrard (an Aussie singer) created a language to sing in as she didn't feel any of the languages she knew fitted well with music. Hans Zimmer uses her a lot (Mission Impossible II, Gladiator etc).

Currently painting up sets of cheapo toy soldiers and making up scenic items to go with them to give away to housebound kiddies (couple of hills, couple of ruined buildings, walls, bushes trees etc - all the bits I would have liked when I was 10)

Got to get them early if they are to develop the necessary neural structures to play, and in later life to experiment and explore (there is a strong correlation between lack of imaginative play and sociopathy).

Cheers

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JG@21:1/5 to Mike Smith on Mon Jan 4 14:21:26 2021
    On 11/04/2020 15:12, Mike Smith wrote:

Cheers

Mike

Dark Ambient is a style to put you in a weird mood. It's basically like
    ambient music, just a bit creepy and disturbing.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05