• 2000 games (Somewhat comprehensive...)

From mail.meepok1@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Joshua Kraft on Sun Dec 29 12:23:11 2019
    On Thursday, December 30, 1999 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Joshua Kraft wrote:
    Bladerunner <bladerunxlNOblSPAM@aol.com.invalid> wrote in message news:0146ce5a.aeceb3c8@usw-ex0107-043.remarq.com...
    What games is everyone looking foward to in 2000?

I know Perfect Dark is on the top of my list!!!

(check out some preview movies for these games on http://www.ign64.com)

EarthBound 64 (A True RPG, Seems somewhat offbeat, yet dark, if you've seen the Spaceworld Movie) - Something a little refreshing from the stereotypical "Fantasy/Medieval" RPGs that, quite frankly, sometimes get a little stale... Sort of a messed-up modern world RPG... I sort of hope the tone is a bit on the darker side, though I liked Earthbound (SNES)'s sly satire of suburban America and RPGs... If the music in the movie is a reflection of the tone of the story, this may just be one hell of a game..

Kirby 64 - At first glance, it appears to be Kirby's Dreamland 3 (SNES) on metabolic steroids... But it appears to be full of the Japanese wackiness that is Kirby! Despite its' "cute" appearance, it appears to be having some killer "2 1/2 D" old-school gaming! Any gamer who hasn't tried a Kirby Game (esp. Kirby Super Star/Kirby Super Deluxe) has missed out on something special... HAL Laboratories games rarely disappoint - So I highly await the deceptively cute Kirby's arrival (Again, check out the Spaceworld Movie on this one...) <('.'^)

Perfect Dark - Do I need to explain? Didn't think so.

Mario Party 2 - Well, good for a rental, at least... Seems to look more entertaining than Mario Party...

Pokemon Stadium - Again, good for a rental at least (like Pokemon Snap was good for a rental...) Sweet looking HAL Laboratories rendered graphics -
    but is there really any depth to the game? Assuming you're over the age of 12? ;-)

Zelda Gaiden - Need I explain? Again? (This better not be a "cheap, make money off the Zelda name" game, though...)

Most Eagerly Awaiting: Kirby 64, Earthbound 64, Perfect Dark

(Can anyone think of a 3rd Party game for 2000 for N64 that looks interesting? Umm... anyone?
    Ports from other systems DON'T count... ^_^)

I've got some bad news to tell you about Earthbound 64....

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From patricklange1983@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Scummy on Sun Jan 5 17:32:29 2020
    Super Mario Adventure? What is that?

On Thursday, December 30, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Scummy wrote:

(Can anyone think of a 3rd Party game for 2000 for N64 that looks >interesting?

Capcom's mystery game.
    Ogre battle
    X-Men
    Custom Robo

And let's not forget:

Conker
    Excitebike
    Super Mario Adventure

The new Mario Adventure (a 3rd RPG) is probably the title I'm looking forward to the most.

By looking at all these great titles lined up, anyone that's selling their N64
    now is gonna be missing out on what looks like the N64's best year yet.

Scummy
    -----------------------------------------------
    Alright...this chick is toast!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From GodZpeed X7@21:1/5 to mail.m...@gmail.com on Sun Feb 21 00:14:55 2021
    On Sunday, December 29, 2019 at 2:23:12 PM UTC-6, mail.m...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Thursday, December 30, 1999 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Joshua Kraft wrote:
    Bladerunner <bladerunx...@aol.com.invalid> wrote in message news:0146ce5a...@usw-ex0107-043.remarq.com...
    What games is everyone looking foward to in 2000?

I know Perfect Dark is on the top of my list!!!

(check out some preview movies for these games on http://www.ign64.com)

EarthBound 64 (A True RPG, Seems somewhat offbeat, yet dark, if you've seen the Spaceworld Movie) - Something a little refreshing from the stereotypical
    "Fantasy/Medieval" RPGs that, quite frankly, sometimes get a little stale...
    Sort of a messed-up modern world RPG... I sort of hope the tone is a bit on the darker side, though I liked Earthbound (SNES)'s sly satire of suburban America and RPGs... If the music in the movie is a reflection of the tone of
    the story, this may just be one hell of a game..

Kirby 64 - At first glance, it appears to be Kirby's Dreamland 3 (SNES) on metabolic steroids... But it appears to be full of the Japanese wackiness that is Kirby! Despite its' "cute" appearance, it appears to be having some killer "2 1/2 D" old-school gaming! Any gamer who hasn't tried a Kirby Game (esp. Kirby Super Star/Kirby Super Deluxe) has missed out on something special... HAL Laboratories games rarely disappoint - So I highly await the deceptively cute Kirby's arrival (Again, check out the Spaceworld Movie on this one...) <('.'^)

Perfect Dark - Do I need to explain? Didn't think so.

Mario Party 2 - Well, good for a rental, at least... Seems to look more entertaining than Mario Party...

Pokemon Stadium - Again, good for a rental at least (like Pokemon Snap was good for a rental...) Sweet looking HAL Laboratories rendered graphics - but is there really any depth to the game? Assuming you're over the age of 12? ;-)

Zelda Gaiden - Need I explain? Again? (This better not be a "cheap, make money off the Zelda name" game, though...)

(Can anyone think of a 3rd Party game for 2000 for N64 that looks interesting? Umm... anyone?
    Ports from other systems DON'T count... ^_^)
    I've got some bad news to tell you about Earthbound 64....
    Stfu

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05