• OT: FREE Movie Theater seats in Olympia, WA

From naturedoesnotnurture@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Mike Sandwick on Mon May 18 18:59:46 2020
    On Sunday, August 28, 2005 at 1:58:59 PM UTC-7, Mike Sandwick wrote:
    OT post - but since many arcade collectors also have some kind of home theater setup, thought I'd post this.

The Regal theater in Capital Mall in Olympia, WA closed down this weekend
    (a new 16 screen theater opened in town at the same time), and they are currently cleaning out the theaters. There are many theater seats in dumpsters out side, hundreds or thousands out there (in sets of 2 or 3). There are plenty for the taking, and free.

They are blue, and most need a little cleaning (gum, and sticky soda), but they are all in relatively good shape.

I grabbed a few for myself, but wanted to let y'all know if you are nearby and looking for theater style seating, you can't beat this price (FREE!). They said that the dumpsters are being hauled away on Monday sometime.

So, if you are looking for theater seats, head over to West Olympia to Capital Mall, in the back between Best Buy and Mervyn's. You can get there by I-5 south to Olympia, 101 North to Black Lake Blvd, and head up
    the hill and you'll see the mall.

Thanks,
    Mike Sandwick
    http://www.classicarcadeonline.com

RIP the old Regal Theater.

Great memories of the movie posters out front and inside:

The Keep
    Gung Ho
    Jaws 3D (You could hear people screaming from outside the theater).
    The Tempest (Lightning bolt)
    Clue A, B and C (LMAO)

There used to be a smoke shop next door selling pipe tobacco and cigars.

Turiyan 天香香背男 Gold

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)