• Need help troubleshooting older Swinging Bells Bartop - HELP!?! :D

From guitarbuyers@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Oct 4 05:32:46 2017
    Hey, guys. Just had an older Swinging Bells machine given to me yesterday by a person who said "It was working last year when we put it in the garage."

(I am assuming it's a "Swinging Bells". This is what they said it was, but could be 'Ringing', etc)

Anyways, It was a pretty clean, nice game.

I got it home and plugged it in. The lights on the control deck flashed momentarily and then went out. The monitor never came to life. The cabinet fan whirred up to speed and that's how it stayed.

Immediate problems:

- Game won't power up/play
    - There are no identifying markings on the board or chassis that I can use to identify what exactly the game is. I can only go by what the person told me.

What I have checked so far:

(Left my meter at the office, so I didn't have it last night. Will meter everything this evening.

- 2 @ 5A barrel fuses at the back of the cabinet are visibly good. Not 100% sure what they are for.

- 1.5A barrel fuse on monitor board is *assumed* good, as the monitor flashes when powered on shortly after powering off, so it's getting juice.

- Brown, surface mount battery (barrel style) is assumed dead, of course. (Don't have the board here or a pic for that matter... Tonight I will.

- Haven't metered the Power Supply yet. Will check for consistent power across 5's and 12's when I bring the meter home this evening.

So. Where would you veterans of the hobby start with this? I have to admit, I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to chasing down problems like this. I have a generally basic knowledge of arcade troubleshooting but I don't know where to start.

Thanks in advance for your help. It's much appreciated.

P.S. - Yes, I know how to discharge the CRT for my safety.

Thanks, all.

-LJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)