• [WS] A Massive ammount of WildStorms Questions

From saschayui2009@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Phillip George Jaros on Wed Mar 29 23:31:54 2017
    I am only 21 years late in commenting but here we go!

On Thursday, January 25, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Phillip George Jaros wrote:
    Well I've been playing WS for a while now and I have a few questions I
    have been meaning to ask other players. So let the questions begin:

Seems like I have been playing for a while now as well

Can Ultimate Zealot use Magick to copy Black Razor Training off of a Keeper?

I would say yes

The PT version of the cards say you can only have one of the trainings,
    but it says that Magick can mimic anything.

The plot twist card does not say you cannot have both trainings. It says 'play on a character without Black Razor Training or Coda Training'. It implies you should not be able to have both, but I think in this case magick would be able to mimic it.

Does Dane Unleashed!'s Extra Psi, Savant and Brutus's Extra Strength and Hexon's Extra Arms all work like Grifter's Weapon Expert Power? i.e. are these bonuses accumulative?
    I assume yes, but would like to here from others.

Absolutely they are. For example if I play a 'Quick Aim' combat card (+1 R or +2 PSI) on Dane Unleashed his PSI will go from 8 to 8+2+1 = 11 (very badass psi)

Can Gnome with orb use his Orb in the Holding or Staging Area?
    I'm assuming no, but wouldn't mind being told yes. :)

No. Characters in the sideboard (staging and holding area) are considered inactive and therefore by extension so are their special abilities.

Why doesn't H.A.R.M (or should I say didn't :) ) have Flight like Rainmakers? He's flown all of the troika around before.

I am not sure why the game creators did not do that. But I would like to comment on a problem with the wordage on Rainmaker's card, it reads Flight: (+1 passengers during intermission). In a campaign game during intermission all of the active characters (
    not KOd or killed) are moved to the holding area. Rainmaker would not need to take any of them along. Killed characters are put to the side and KOd characters are reshuffled in the deck for the next battle. So does this mean Rainmaker can bring a KOd
    character to the holding area where it would be automatically fully healed? It seems that way to me. I believe the card could have benefited from some additional specificity such as (+1 KOd passengers during intermission).

Can Jodunn, Void and Providence Teleport someone in as soon as they come
    into play?
    Seems a bit too powerful for me.

It does seem over powered. In the past me and my friends would play so that special abilities could only be used in a phase that is logically dictated by that special power. For example flight during switch rank phase or Cannon's aerial charge during the
    combat phase. However in preparation for an upcoming game I have been rereading the rules and now it seems that the rules indicate that special abilities can be used at any time. So yes to your question and as an example, during the recruit phase Jodunn
    comes onto the battlefield and immediately uses his teleportation device to bring Black Angel into the staging area.

If Ultimate Zealot used magick to mimic Maul's Growth, would you need to
    have other Ultimate Zealots or would a regular Zealot work?

I applaud you for posing such an absurd question, I see some 21 years ago that your brain cogs were really turning while exploring the awesomeness that is the WSCCG. I would say that a regular zealot would work. They are considered the same character.

Why the hell does Miles Craven cost so much?????????????
    He screams K.O. me and is worth 6 points!

Yes he can be KOd easily but his abilities are very awesome. Draw a nonunique I.O. agent (remember teamwork ?), and draw and hold 1 extra card!

Shouldn't pilgrim have ";alternarively Pilgrim cannot be attacked until after
    She attacks." after her Invisibility power?
    Hell she is supposed to be invisible.

She is perfect just the way she is. Perhaps her invisibility does not render her completely undetectable.

Why is Soma only 4 points?
    He can mimic any power (well except EB, TO and Psi) and has a D of 5.
    Maybe they got Craven and Soma confused. :)

I see your point. Magick is badass and rare. He should be 6 points. He can mimic EB, TO and PSI but it would only be at a strength of 1.

Can Taboo Subterfuge with her Psi?
    Seems like a legitamite option.

Yes for sure.

Can Ultimate Zealot copy Virtual Bob's Shock burst power? And if so can
    she second strike with that power?

Yow! K.O. two people in the same rank in one turn with a C of 9, without adding in any bonuses.

I don't have access to those cards. I will edit my post when my library is complete.

Does mental Wall add 3 Psi for defensive purposes if your Psi is better then your D?

I don't have that card either but when defending a PSI attack the defender uses D or PSI, whichever is greater.

This one is confusing.

If your opponent attacks one of you characters twice in one turn can you
    play Narrow escape to avoid both attacks?
    I would think so, but it is not clear.

No, you can only use narrow escape to avoid a single attack.

If you second strike, a player with inconspicous does he recieve two subterfuge attacks?
    Again I assume so, but don't know for sure.

No, the inconspicuous card does not grant you subterfuge attacks based on the amount of attacks avoided. It is used for either avoiding an attack or making a subterfuge attack.

If second Strike enables two attacks, can the second attack be forgoed to change what your magick does?

Absolutely not!

I really would like an answer to this one.
    Why is Red pictured with a sword, if she can't use it? :)

It clearly makes her look more sexy and dangerous.

I guess it really is a katana and has a requirement of 6 or less.

No comment

Shouldn't the MIRV have some sort of bonus like "characters are recruited from you holding area at half cost (rounding up) and their equipment comes along for free"?

I don't have the MIRV card to reference. However, you never pay for characters when recruited from the holding area. You only pay for their equipment.

I think the most WildC.A.T.s you can normally recruit with it is 2.

When a character with a flawed Gen-Factor is sent to the staging area by a mission card, I realize FGF is not removed, but is the D back up to full strength?
    I think this question is probably the most important.

I would say the D gets restored to its full value. The rules state that when a character is moved to the sideboard they become fully healed. Less than maximum D implies an ailment, sickness or nefarious influence of sorts that require healing.

The Gen-Factor PT is a bit over powered! Can you add a card somewhere along the line to get rid of it?
    Hell if he my opponent gets it out in the first battle he has it for the whole game!

I dont know of a card that can remove it. My friend puts out a couple of frenzied vampires and then uses Gen-Factor. This gives his 5 point guys a PSI of 7!

If I play a Night tribes intervene on my own supernatural characters, do
    I need to discard down to 30 points even if the staging area would be dumped at the end of my turn?

I hope not.

I don't have access to this card

Can you play a reorganize, move a MIRV, Vad HyperCannon, Personal Defence System, Heap Ammo, Laser Sight, Satellite Uplink, and a Sword over to a
    K.O'd character and then second wind them to take 36 + cost of character
    away from you opponnent?
    It is legal, but is rather cheesy.

No it is not legal. You don't loose points when your opponents character is healed and their equipment is gone. You would loose point if the equipment was still attached to the revived character.

O.K. Scanning the timelines says: "If you have Void or Providence active, you may use their Teleport ability to recruit 1 character from your
    resources to your staging area for free. This is in addition to their regular 1 Teleport per battle. Each player can only play this card once
    per battle." Can I play one in the first battle, and not use it (leaving it on the table for the next battle) and then play another one on the table during
    the next battle, only to use them both when I finally draw Providence or Void?
    Again, legal, but cheap.

Yes you could as long as you only play (put on the table) 1 per battle.

Teleport Boost is just like Scanning the Timelines? So can I play it on providence in the first battle, only to play another on Jodunn in the next? See last two comments.

Yes

Well I have a developed a rather lengthly equation to determine how powerful a
    character is compared to the points it costs to put it on the table. And here is the results of my calculations. Chase Cards are in bold, and please note that Midnight Devil and Shi will probably climb after Conflict is released (due
    to Martial Arts Training). For the most part I feel that the equation was acurate, but there were a few suprises here and there, so I'll probably add a fudge factor later on, according to your comments. If you have any questions or
    comments on this list just mail me at: pjaros@uiuc.edu

Rating Characters
    22 Gnome with Orb, Despot
    21 Upgraded Spartan
    20 Black Angel, Ultimate Zealot, Battalion Reborn
    19 Dane Unleashed!
    18 Helspont, Spartan
    17 Lynch, Threshold, Backlash, Big Dozer
    16 Regent, Deathtrap, Battalion, Fairchild, Possessed Voodoo
    15 Pitt, Mindscape
    14 H.A.R.M., Deathblow, Winter
    13 Prince Drakken, Zealot, Cybernary, Void, Mr. Majestic,
    Rainmaker, S'Ryn
    12 Tapestry, Taboo, Union, Armand Wearing, BloodQueen,
    Grifter, Emp, Cannon, Providence, Hightower, Defile
    11 Spawn, The Maxx, Madman, Slag, Black Razor, Keeper, Maul,
    Hellstrike, Freefall, Daemonite in a Flash Suit
    Werewolf, Virtual Bob, Talos, Soma, Razer, Judgement,
    10 Hestia, Warblade, Ivana Baiul, Destine, Voodoo, Savant,
    Dane, Sunburst, Nautika, Fahrenheit, Pike, Burnout
    Shi, Red, Coda Warrior, Bliss, Alicia Turner, Soldier, Ben
    9 Santini, Jester, Grail, Undertow, Strafe, Fuji,
    Flashpoint, Diva, M'Koi, Jodunn
    Midnight Devil, Vampire, Helmut, Gnome, Frenzied Vampire,
    8 Attica, Andromache, Johnny Savoy, I.O. Agent, Dingo,
    Pilgrim, Dozer, Synergy, Grunge, H'Tarth, Daemonite,
    B'Lial
    7 Stricture, Nychus, Mnemo, Kilgore, Hexon, Hellslayer,
    Doreen, Brutus, Beastmaster, Mother One, K'Rul, Mr. White
    6 Claymore, Weatherman One, Pagan
    5 Lonely, Major Diane LaSalle
    4 Link
    3 Miles Craven

My WSCCG Page also has a complete list of all of the cards and their
    stats. (Everything, but Character quotes.)

It's address is: http://www.cen.uiuc.edu/~pjaros/WS/

--
    | Phil Jaros, Senior in Engineering, at UIUC | PLAN PLAN PLAN |
    | Art Director for Plan 9 Productions | PLAN PLAN |
    | Official Play Tester and FAQ Maker for | PLAN PLAN PLAN |
    | Stellar Crisis: http://www.libertynet.org:8080/sc | PLAN |

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)