• Re: [dicebreaker] Is the next version of Dungeons & Dragons coming too

From gbbgu@21:1/5 to kyonshi on Tue Mar 26 03:20:59 2024
    On 15 Mar 2024, kyonshi wrote:

This feels partly the fault of Wizards of the Coast itself. Since One
    D&D - now called Dungeons & Dragons 2024 - was first announced in

Confusion about the release isn't helping. 6e, 5.5e, 5.1e, no it's just 5e really, one dnd, dnd 2024... I'm sure I've missed some in there.

Just pick a version, call it that and be consistant. I get they don't want to alienate all the new 5e players that bought stuff off the back of the popularity bump of 2020, but pathfinder managed this with the remaster
    release. Everyone knew it was a remaster, made sure the fans understood what was coming, the compatability etc, and I don't recall seeing any complaints.

--
    gbbgu

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Justisaur@21:1/5 to gbbgu on Thu Mar 28 09:41:52 2024
    On 3/25/2024 8:20 PM, gbbgu wrote:
    On 15 Mar 2024, kyonshi wrote:

This feels partly the fault of Wizards of the Coast itself. Since One
    D&D - now called Dungeons & Dragons 2024 - was first announced in

Confusion about the release isn't helping. 6e, 5.5e, 5.1e, no it's just 5e really, one dnd, dnd 2024... I'm sure I've missed some in there.

Just pick a version, call it that and be consistant. I get they don't want to alienate all the new 5e players that bought stuff off the back of the popularity bump of 2020, but pathfinder managed this with the remaster release. Everyone knew it was a remaster, made sure the fans understood what was coming, the compatability etc, and I don't recall seeing any complaints.

5e was D&D Next before it was released. It's common practice to call a creative product something else and change the name for release, which
    makes sense as it's in flux and may be incorrect before finalized.

--
    -Justisaur

ø-ø
    (\_/)\
    `-'\ `--.___,
    ¶¬'\( ,_.-'
    \\
    ^'

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)