• I'm back

From Hadsil@21:1/5 to All on Sun Dec 27 13:14:59 2020
    Did you miss me? :) I didn't know this group was still around. I haven't posted here since just before Google bought up these internet forums. I recognize some of the handlenames here. Wow, this brings back memories. I just had a random thought about
    this group, googled it on a lark, and here I am. I'll lurk for a bit, see if I can get back into the groove.

Who remembers . . .

High stats != bad roleplaying

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Justisaur@21:1/5 to Hadsil on Tue Dec 29 07:48:55 2020
    On Sunday, December 27, 2020 at 1:15:00 PM UTC-8, Hadsil wrote:
    Did you miss me? :) I didn't know this group was still around. I haven't posted here since just before Google bought up these internet forums. I recognize some of the handlenames here. Wow, this brings back memories. I just had a random thought about
    this group, googled it on a lark, and here I am. I'll lurk for a bit, see if I can get back into the groove.

Who remembers . . .

Welcome back 8 years later Hadsil!

I still check and post infrequently here and a bit more often at comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
    Although with here I mostly post stuff I'm posting elsewhere as a more permanent record.

While I'm using google groups for convenience, they don't own Usenet. They just have their own web interface and archive of it. Most people still use newsgroup readers often with Eternal September. Not that there's many of us still around.

- Justisaur

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Zaghadka@21:1/5 to All on Tue Dec 29 10:33:19 2020
    On Sun, 27 Dec 2020 13:14:59 -0800 (PST), in rec.games.frp.dnd, Hadsil
    wrote:
    . . .

That goes double if you're playing 3.5 edition.

--
    Zag

No one ever said on their deathbed, 'Gee, I wish I had
    spent more time alone with my computer.' ~Dan(i) Bunten

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ubiquitous@21:1/5 to forumite13@gmail.com on Thu Dec 31 10:53:45 2020
    forumite13@gmail.com wrote:

Did you miss me? :) I didn't know this group was still around. I haven't posted here since just before Google bought up these internet forums. I recognize some of the handlenames here. Wow, this brings back memories.

Who is this? ;-)

Who remembers . . .

Only vaguely.

--
    Trump won.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From LL@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jan 16 18:21:06 2021
    Am 27.12.2020 um 22:14 schrieb Hadsil:

Who remembers . . .

You utter munchkin! ;-P

I vaguely remember you, welcome back...although I'm mostly lurking these days...and also not playing, bcs of the damn china virus.

LL

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From LL@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jan 16 18:28:10 2021
    Am 29.12.2020 um 16:48 schrieb Justisaur:

While I'm using google groups for convenience, they don't own Usenet. They just have their own web interface and archive of it. Most people still use newsgroup readers often with Eternal September.

Yes, Eternal September and Thunderbird, works for me.

Not that there's many of us still around.

I'm around, but most of my free time I spend *drumroll* with my
    grandchild and not with roleplaying - in a few years, she'll roll up her
    first character... I hope anyways.

LL

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Keith J Davies@21:1/5 to Hadsil on Mon Mar 8 16:37:27 2021
    On Sunday, December 27, 2020 at 1:15:00 PM UTC-8, Hadsil wrote:

Who remembers . . .

I'm still kicking around, though I don't drop in here very often.

... Echelon still hasn't shipped, but I've published a couple hundred of my research documents.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05