• Looking to Join an AD&D 2e Campaign

From Thomas Bunting@21:1/5 to All on Sat Nov 14 09:57:21 2020
    Looking for a Forgotten Realms AD&D 2e campaign where I can possibly bring back and play my human Morninglord specialty priest of Lathander. Anyone looking for a cleric in their game, who would allow specialty priests? More then willing to start at 1st
    level with this character.

Plus, I have another character idea where I wanted to try out a drow character who is a follower of Eilistraee, not sure which class though making a Sword Dancers of Eilistraee speciality priest could be fun. I've just really been interesting in playing
    a drow follower of Eilistraee.

Though I admittedly don't remember how Drow player characters work in AD&D 2e, yet I was told they were basically treated as being identical to Elves unless in the Underdark. Which is fine, since I'm not looking for a bunch of OP Drow abilities, more
    just play a Drow character who either escaped from the Underdark or grew up in an above ground community of Drow who had already done so.

These Drow of course all being followers of the Dark Maiden, many of which having worked undercover and risk their lives going back to the Underdark to try to bring more of their kin out from the web of lies and darkness of Lolth, into the light and joy
    of freedom of Eilistraee.
    -----------

Also, something not everyone understands or encourages in games where you're more likely to die or go through multiple characters as in AD&D 2e, is that I tend to put a fair bit of thought and detail into my characters, even give them a more proper
    background. Basically a foundation to build off and expand upon during roleplay.

Not anything crazy, like having my character already gone on a bunch of grand adventures or stuff like that. No, more how they were raised, how they grow up, and the people who influenced them. Their family, siblings, friends, and loved ones. What
    motivates or inspires them, why they decided to leave home, risking danger and uncertainty.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From JimP@21:1/5 to buntingthomas@gmail.com on Sat Nov 14 12:07:51 2020
    On Sat, 14 Nov 2020 09:57:21 -0800 (PST), Thomas Bunting <buntingthomas@gmail.com> wrote:
    Looking for a Forgotten Realms AD&D 2e campaign where I can possibly bring back and play my human Morninglord specialty priest of Lathander. Anyone looking for a cleric in their game, who would allow specialty priests? More then willing to start at 1st
    level with this character.

Hardly any of us left on here. Facebook or one of the web forums out
    there would likely be a much quicker response for an actiual game.

--
    Jim

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas Bunting@21:1/5 to All on Sat Nov 14 11:38:45 2020

--
    Jim
    Hmm, thank you. I will go looking around a bit more and see if I can find any groups.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Justisaur@21:1/5 to buntin...@gmail.com on Mon Nov 16 13:19:28 2020
    On Saturday, November 14, 2020 at 11:38:47 AM UTC-8, buntin...@gmail.com wrote:

--
    Jim
    Hmm, thank you. I will go looking around a bit more and see if I can find any groups.

Hey, are you thinking of trying a particular form of online game or something else?
    Roll20 is a pretty good resource, and I've seen some 2e games there. I had been thinking
    of running one for awhile myself, but time is limited, and I haven't run 2e since the 90's
    so I'm a bit rusty at it. I used to run FR back in the 80's but I made my own setting and
    far prefer it to FR though.

- Justisaur

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From NoSpam@forme.Invalid@21:1/5 to buntingthomas@gmail.com on Mon Dec 7 10:30:02 2020
    On Sat, 14 Nov 2020 11:38:45 -0800 (PST), Thomas Bunting <buntingthomas@gmail.com> wrote:

--
    Jim

Roll20 or Fantasy grounds are good places to look for actual games

regards

Smurf
    (roll20 5e DM)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05