• New abstract game : Sozee

From Moh Bel@21:1/5 to hazenab...@gmail.com on Fri Dec 2 07:36:18 2016
    On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 12:30:54 PM UTC-5, hazenab...@gmail.com wrote:
    Here you can read the rules :

http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=99752

The capturing system is very very new.
    I challenge you to find such system.

No one used it before me.

Hazen.

Ps : Markrappy is going to run off with my idea and put it in a new package. I`m 1000 per cent sure.

How crappy game designers are plagiarizing me?
    Easy! Pick the idea wait 1 or 2 years then put my idea in some "new" package and hop! create a fake "new" game.
    It make me smile.
    Go to bgg and see how plagiarizing me is easy.
    I will not point out the name of the fake "new" game because anyone who is not dumb will see the similarities.

ha ha ha

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Moh Bel@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jan 29 02:06:38 2018
    Here is all what was said at that time.
    I will let you read before posting.
    I deeply know how some crappy game designers steal ideas. Nick Bentley is one of them. His only job is how to make-up not how to create. Design diary is just cosmetic one. He spend more time to hide his robbery than to create.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Moh Bel@21:1/5 to Nick Bentley on Sun Feb 4 15:01:35 2018
    On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:06:18 PM UTC-5, Nick Bentley wrote:
    Well, I try not to enter uncivil conversations but dammit I'm too interested in games not to. I've experimented with the capture mechanic of Haz's game before but couldn't make it work to my satisfaction. I felt I was spending too much time just
    identifying legal captures and doublechecking them, leaving not enough time on each turn for actual strategizing.

I emphatically *don't* mean to rain on your parade Haz. Just expressing an opinion. The problem could lie with me and not the game.

I also spent a lot of time building different mechanics around the more general concept of matching shapes, and the closest I came to being satisfied with those mechanics was in this game:

http://files.boardgamegeek.com/file/download/1mz3knyv6g/Papagra_Rules.pdf?

In this game, the "match" is between a stone group shape and a group of empty spaces of the same shape.

Look at how plagiarizers react when you create a new capture system.
    They never recognize that you did in fact create something new.
    Their reaction : I created something similar but it did not work and so on. They even refer to a game where there is no capture at all and talk bout matching and so on. And the same song : it is not going to work! etc... And few years after those
    plagiarizers come exactly with your own idea a core mechanic of their game. The core of BUG mechanism is exactly the core of Sozee with (which is obvious) a slight difference. Connected group instead of any (connected or not). Change the goal of the game
    : the last one to move lose instead of having more of your color in the board. All those tricky was to hide the main purpose of the "copy-paste" are unhelpful when you are good analyst of games. I can see quickly if a game was plagiarized of not. Diary
    design is smokescreen.
    The only one who try (sometimes with success) to create something original is Mark Steere. You feel quickly that he worked hard to create a complete abstract game. That does not mean that he is imaginative. He is meticulous. He starts from an idea and he
    try to make his game compact (all the parts and the mechanisms of the game are focused to reach the same goal) even he borrows from others minor mechanisms.
    All the other crappy game designers (Freeling, Bentley, Corey, Luigi, Nestor, Luna, etc... have no imagination at all!!!!). They are designing patchwork-games, recycled games, with no concept as basis of the architecture of the game.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Moh Bel@21:1/5 to hazenab...@gmail.com on Fri Feb 9 13:35:49 2018
    On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 12:30:54 PM UTC-5, hazenab...@gmail.com wrote:
    Here you can read the rules :

http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=99752

The capturing system is very very new.
    I challenge you to find such system.

No one used it before me.

Hazen.

Ps : Markrappy is going to run off with my idea and put it in a new package. I`m 1000 per cent sure.

In any case and each time I create something very new I will tell to anyone that this new mechanism is very new and I`m the only inventor of such mechanism.
    Plagiarizers are robbers and crappy game designers.
    Their big expertise is : lying, copy-pasting the main originality of my games, adding or removing some parts to hide what was stolen, and lot of blah blah blah to make-up the robbery.
    I know them all!!!
    I will one day publish at least for their main games how they stole and from whom. I will pay someone who is fluent in English a native one to correct my poor English.
    They will shut-up forever.
    I can flood rec abstract games with at least 100 very new games in less than one month. Just to show to all of you that they are deeply dumb.
    For now my health is very poor but as soon as I feel better I will do it. Analyze BUG and compare it to Sozee.
    The core of BUG is a copy-paste of the core of Sozee.
    The real game Sozee with all the rules and playtest has never been published until now.
    You will not see me for few months and maybe more because my first priority is to completely healthy.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05