• New connection game : Fertility

From Moh Bel@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 12 12:25:12 2017
    This new game is based on the idea of fertility.
    Each player has 3 kind of pieces :
    - males (3)
    - females (3)
    - off-springs (the number will depend on the size of the board)

Each player has pieces of the same color (blue versus red for example)

Hex Board : 11x11

Blue (or red) has then 3 males, 3 females and 55 off-springs

Rules :

The board start empty
    Blue start first
    On his turn a player drop one piece on an empty hex case : either a male, either female, either an off-spring.
    And players alternate
    There game ends when all the board is full
    Then start the score counting :
    The red begins the counting by linking a male to some female and removing all the off-springs connecting the chosen male and the chosen female. He must do it for the 3 males and the 3 females. He must chose the longest path possible but he must keep in
    mind the order of removing the off-springs. Changing the order could disrupt some connections. This phase is the hardest one. His score will be equal to the removed off-springs.
    Blue player has to do the same counting process.
    The males and females are not counted.

The player with the best score wins the game.

Good luck!

I will post the diagrams later with the counting process.

Once the game is finished each player has to do its best to find the best order of removing the off-springs leading to the best score.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Moh Bel@21:1/5 to Moh Bel on Wed Jul 12 12:38:11 2017
    On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 3:25:12 PM UTC-4, Moh Bel wrote:
    This new game is based on the idea of fertility.
    Each player has 3 kind of pieces :
    - males (3)
    - females (3)
    - off-springs (the number will depend on the size of the board)

Each player has pieces of the same color (blue versus red for example)

Hex Board : 11x11

Blue (or red) has then 3 males, 3 females and 55 off-springs

Rules :

The board start empty
    Blue start first
    On his turn a player drop one piece on an empty hex case : either a male, either female, either an off-spring.
    And players alternate
    There game ends when all the board is full
    Then start the score counting :
    The red begins the counting by linking a male to some female and removing all the off-springs connecting the chosen male and the chosen female. He must do it for the 3 males and the 3 females. He must chose the longest path possible but he must keep in
    mind the order of removing the off-springs. Changing the order could disrupt some connections. This phase is the hardest one. His score will be equal to the removed off-springs.
    Blue player has to do the same counting process.
    The males and females are not counted.

The player with the best score wins the game.

Good luck!

I will post the diagrams later with the counting process.

Once the game is finished each player has to do its best to find the best order of removing the off-springs leading to the best score.

It is obvious that a player CAN NOT remove his opponents`s off-springs.
    If a male and female can not be connected then the count of the pair will be equal to zero.
    So be careful in the phase placement.
    I did not test play the game but I think it will work because I see no bug coming.
    Anyway even if some bug appears I think that it will be manageable.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Luis_Bola=C3=B1os_Mures?=@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 13 07:03:45 2017
    It seems an interesting twist on the Short Circuit pattern for Nick Bentley's MindNinja. I quote from the rules, available on www.igGameCenter.com once you start a MindNinja game:

SHORT CIRCUIT

The board must be full of stones, and the longest red "short circuit" must be longer than the longest blue "short circuit" [for Red to win].

A "short circuit" is defined as the shortest chain of like-colored stones connecting two stones of the same color.

This pattern was invented by Harald Korneliussen in 2008.

In your game, you have to choose the longest path between a male and a female, but I wonder if that's a good idea. If you have only one huge group, you can just connect your first pair by going through all your stones.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Moh Bel@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 13 10:37:37 2017
    What you have in my game is that the game start really when finished because the way you link each male to each female is the main part of the game.
    How you choose your 3 pairs? In which order? All this will make you either a winner or looser.
    My game has nothing to do with Bentley game! Nothing!
    You are just trying to bash one of the best abstract games.
    You still do not know what is the depth of this new game.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Moh Bel@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 13 09:26:42 2017
    On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 10:03:46 AM UTC-4, Luis Bolaños Mures wrote:
    It seems an interesting twist on the Short Circuit pattern for Nick Bentley's MindNinja. I quote from the rules, available on www.igGameCenter.com once you start a MindNinja game:

SHORT CIRCUIT

The board must be full of stones, and the longest red "short circuit" must be longer than the longest blue "short circuit" [for Red to win].

A "short circuit" is defined as the shortest chain of like-colored stones connecting two stones of the same color.

In your game, you have to choose the longest path between a male and a female, but I wonder if that's a good idea. If you have only one huge group, you can just connect your first pair by going through all your stones.

You have to choose between 3 males and females as pairs in some order which make the game a headache.
    The idea of fertility was suggested to me be a recent comment of the french president Macron.
    You are talking about invention of what in 2009?
    You did not understand the core of the game.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Moh Bel@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jul 14 08:50:16 2017
    You wrote :

"In your game, you have to choose the longest path between a male and a female, but I wonder if that's a good idea. If you have only one huge group, you can just connect your first pair by going through all your stones."

Mister Luis, you always have the same problem when it comes to commenting any game : you do not put yourself in the mind of the designer who creates the game. You are always trying to link any game to your games to your interests.
    So you will never progress like Christian Freeling. Erase what you know. Read carefully the rules. Try to understand the core of the game. Forget about the details. Then comment!
    Sometimes you need to play test the game to understand if an idea is good or no.
    First you are assuming that you could have a huge group. That means that your opponent is either dumb or making suicide.
    Second : assume that you succeed to have one huge and compact group. You will then connect all your off-springs by using only one pair. Then you are genius you won!
    Third : your main problem at designing is that you are flooded by details and forgetting the core of the game. So you will never innovate! Never! You are just wasting your by adding to the same game some details. All your games are just "amendments"
    nothing more.
    Get of your little mind and be more imaginative more free. You are enslaved by some mechanics.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Moh Bel@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jul 14 09:25:23 2017
    After rethinking the game (after some preliminary play tests) I decided to add 2 improvements to make the game great and to publish it by myself! (I just received enough money to do it).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Moh Bel@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jul 14 14:03:18 2017
    Someone made a clear restatement of my rules (thanks to him and his perfect english)
    I quote him :
    So to restate the rules of the game:

The game is played between two players (Red and Blue) on a Hex board of a certain size.
    Each player received a set of player-colored pieces: 3 male, 3 female, and sufficient offspring to fill the board.
    Starting with Blue, players take turns placing one piece of their choice on the board.
    Both players must eventually place all 6 of their male and female pieces.
    When the board is full, the players score, first Red then Blue.
    Each player scores by tracing 3 paths of adjacent pieces, each one connecting one of their male pieces to one of their female pieces, passing only through the player's own offspring pieces. None of the paths may have any overlap or self-intersections,
    but apart from that there is no restriction on how convoluted a path can be. The player's score is the number of offspring pieces passed through.
    Whichever player has the higher score is the winner."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Moh Bel@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 24 13:19:36 2017
    On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 10:03:46 AM UTC-4, Luis Bolaños Mures wrote:

SHORT CIRCUIT

When I read the comments made recently by you I was not surprised at all. My first impressions were right.
    Finally I reached to the definitive conclusion that you are deeply dumb.
    You and the ayatollah of bgg forum Russ you will never apprehend what is the core of any game. You are obsessed by details and you do not see the more important : the game play.
    Nick Bentley is a big plagiarizer.
    He never invented anything but mimicking.
    Fertility is maybe the most fascinating game of the 21 century and you are not aware of it.
    Soon you will see the game sold in the french market first.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Moh Bel@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 25 12:26:04 2017
    Mind Ninja ha ha ha
    Take a look at the stats at iggamecenter :

http://www.iggamecenter.com/stats/game17.html

This kind of crappy games are like a comets : during half second it light up the sky and in 1/000000000000000 second it disappear for ever.

So I call them "cometic" games (alluding to cosmetic games).

I went to read the rules of Mind Ninja and I was not surprised how someone rewarded by a contest known for it unreliability could be so dumb to think that generalizing is in itself a huge discovery.
    Building pattern is inherent to any game. Pattern is not limited to geometric shapes.
    But Nick is too dumb to understand that.
    Designing a game is putting your finger is the ass of the game ( I mean the core of the game). Is the core of the game something new or not? Is the game exciting of not? Is the game opening the range of the game play or not?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05