• 'Billiard Nicolas' or Puff Billiards

From helenbodel@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Susan Overton on Wed Aug 24 13:32:55 2016
    On Tuesday, November 30, 1999 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Susan Overton wrote:
    This game is played on a heavy circular board using four "bellows" shaped like old fashioned car horns which are fixed on to swivels at the edge of
    the board. Up to four players battle against each other to blow a cork ball into the goals.

We have a board which is probably about 60 or 70 years old - also the
    swivels and two cork balls. Unfortunately all the puffers have perished. This game is probably French and was still being manufactured in the 1960s.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of the necessary parts? We have this beautiful mahogany board, seven grandchildren and no means of playing this excellent family game!

Susan O

I found all of the pieces for our old set right on ebay--just google 'Puff Billierds' ;)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From helenbodel@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Susan Overton on Wed Aug 24 13:34:22 2016
    On Tuesday, November 30, 1999 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Susan Overton wrote:
    This game is played on a heavy circular board using four "bellows" shaped like old fashioned car horns which are fixed on to swivels at the edge of
    the board. Up to four players battle against each other to blow a cork ball into the goals.

We have a board which is probably about 60 or 70 years old - also the
    swivels and two cork balls. Unfortunately all the puffers have perished. This game is probably French and was still being manufactured in the 1960s.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of the necessary parts? We have this beautiful mahogany board, seven grandchildren and no means of playing this excellent family game!

Susan O

The puffers and balls are both available on ebay: about $100 for four puffers and 20 for a set of cork balls...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)