• Space Games: OLD: Space(or Star) empire & Star Centurion

From leegirer@gmail.com@21:1/5 to JDS on Mon Jan 11 16:47:12 2016
    On Monday, September 1, 1997 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, JDS wrote:
    Due to overwhelming idiot spammers you will need to remove *NO*SPAM* from my email address

In article cwatson@xxx.edu (doctorw) wrote:

These sound interesting, and maybe something I have packed away
    somewhere. Can you be more specific about the games?
    Is the Star/Space Empire game the old TSR booklet "game"? It was >essentially a set of ideas for a strategic-level science fiction campaign >game, but as I recall, not really a comprehensive game as it stood.
    I also recall a somewhat similar, amateurly produced (not meant in the >perjorative sense) game with the word "Centurion" in it, but I think the >first word was "Space". There were several editions, each marked with a >roman numeral; I think it might have gotten up to IV. Again, more of a >collection of ideas, particularly weapon systems, than a coherent game.

Both of these were from the mid to late '70s, which helps explain my foggy >recollection of them.

THATS THE ONE!!!! the one ... this is how my friend describes it...

"Star ( It may be 'Space') Centurions X ( the # may be off ) appeared in Spartan game mag in the early 70's. It was a complete space campaign system for either face to face or pbm. At the time it appeared in the mag it was
    in its X (?)'th incarnation. The last I heard of the game was in the early 80's it was up to a version in the mid XX's..."

Id really like to get my hands on a copy... even a photo copy... any clue where i might get one?

to reply remove *NO*SPAM* from my email address

The Game was Space Centurions V" by Ivan Travicek. It appeared in issue 1 of "The Spartan", the journal of the Spartan International Competition League, Winter 1972...
    Yes I have the original magazine, but the pages are all separated...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From David Damerell@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jan 13 16:17:30 2016
    Quoting <leegirer@gmail.com>:
    On Monday, September 1, 1997 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, JDS wrote:
    Id really like to get my hands on a copy... even a photo copy... any clue >>where i might get one?
    The Game was Space Centurions V" by Ivan Travicek.

Well done, but I think it is perhaps possible that JDS may have found a
    copy, or lost interest, in the last nineteen years.
    --
    David Damerell <damerell@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
    If we aren't perfectly synchronised this corncob will explode!
    Today is Second Mania, January.
    Tomorrow will be Second Aponoia, January.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)