• introduction

From Praetor Mandrake@21:1/5 to All on Fri May 27 17:03:00 2022
    I became fascinated with chess in early elementary school. Some of the other students played and when they did, the pieces were tall and ornate. I moved to Kansas in 1985 and my uncle taught me to play chess. He was extremely enthusiastic about the
    game.

I played in tournaments as early as age 11, and had at least one win from verbally goading the opponent.

For me, the opening is too cluttered, the middle game is over too quickly, but where I stand out is the endgame. I don't have much scientific... I know that two knights can't checkmate etcetera. However, what I do is whittle the opponent down this way
    and that way and can effect a draw if their lead is too much.

I played a grandmaster for awhile when we were confined together. It renewed my interest in the game because things made sense.

Right now I'm working my way back up to the point where I can join the league. They have certain requirements I have to meet and slowly but surely I am getting there.

I hope for continued improvement. I am trying to get Stockfish to work for me, but need t put in more time setting it up. Once I drew an exotic set of pieces in Paint. I don't have those anymore, but it's clear that I could do it again. I believe
    playing versus computer is an important link in the learning process. Often, the computer makes the same mistakes, same aggression, and often even the same opening over and over and it is like drilling to handle certain circumstances.

I'd love to hear about tournament opportunities. I've played in a few, won a few trophies and am eager for more.

//

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)