• Re: Loading a gnubg position with code

From tetraHydro saved my life@21:1/5 to BlueDice on Fri Mar 24 04:20:43 2023
    On Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 3:31:09 AM UTC-7, BlueDice wrote:
    For any one who might be interested, after much fumbling, here is my VBA snippet for firing up gnubg with a position loaded, via an excel spreadsheet. VB would be similar for other front end apps:

Dim f as string, MyTask as double

f = "C:\Program Files (x86)\gnubg\gnubg.exe -c MyPosition.txt"
    MyTask = Shell(f, 1)

MyPosition.txt is a file containing the "set gnubgid" gnu command, for example:
    "set gnubgid bdsGMADYvQMjAA:cAkOAAAAAAAE"

I am building a spreadsheet based 'quiz' containing positions I find interesting or difficult. A double click on the gnubgID cell fires up gnu with the position loaded. Alongside a form appears with a pick list of the top 10 moves (hidden equities).
    The equity losses are saved and used to weight the appearance of quiz questions. This is purely a self educational tool.

It would be interesting to know if XG can be fired up in a similar way with position loaded from an xgid text string?
    --
    BD

thank you for this post BlueDice. Why such a simple solution eluded me for years I will never know. A GreedyGammon update that works with Windows 10 will be uploaded within 48 hours

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)