• stealth readers vs active participants and more.. a lot more haha

From tetraHydro saved my life@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 3 00:53:07 2021
    So I noticed the post started by MK "Is this the end of backgammon" has 110 views while the active participants in this forum can be counted on the fingers of the left hand of a Yakuza gang member with serious offenses.

Weird.. so anyway I don't post here much which is why I somehow ended up with a new username I don't know what happened to the old account. Maybe it was on IE and this is Firefox. Anyway the only time I post here is when my friend MK posts something that
    i feel compelled to respond to with some encouraging kind words. Yes I consider MK a friend as he is the only one here that ever encouraged me about my BG program GreedyGammon and said some nice words like my game helps get new users into bg and once
    even suggested that I was in the same league as the gnubg AI programmers. Well not even close haha.. but thanks for the compliment.

An example of a "real" programmer is Thibault Duplessis ornicar on github profile description
    "Maker of lichess.org, a hippie communist chess server for drug fueled atheists"
    I happened to look into it and discovered he uses different languages for different parts of the game. This language for the front end, another language for the back end on and on levels of complexity that make my head spin.

I was wondering if it would be possible to convert lichess code into bg but one look and i knew right away i was dreaming a fantasy that could never come to be haha. no way. Programmers like him have professional experience and have learned from young
    age how to work in a group etc. Like Frank of BGBlitz is a professional programmer in real life and I believe probably are most of the contributors to gnubg. I am self taught amateur but I have enough experience with the one and only programming language
    that I learned, I can get it to do just about anything I would like it to do.

So anyway what i'm saying is if anyone tried GreedyGammon in the past, there are some improvements, so give it another try. I am always willing to help in the GreedyG forum. I did like to participate in this newsgroup in the past with discussing
    positions etc but now i have lost interest in that. I would like to play real people on GreedyGammon. Not random strangers.. noooo... not interested in that at all. I am looking for games with people i know, used to know or would like to get to know and
    have a small group that we can fire up GreedyGammon, see who is online, connect and chat play all without any dependency on a third party server like FIBS.

If I have been slow to respond in the past it is because of health challenges I had to overcome but now I am in a much better place mentally and physically after moving out of big city pollution and into a rural low population town with clean air and
    low stress.

If there is any interest in updating gnubg.org with a modern wordpress website and a proper modern forum like the nice phpbb forum I have at greedygammon.com/support, I can make it happen.

If anyone has any questions about GreedyGammon, please post in the forum. I get email notifications for new posts there. I will be reverting back to "stealth" mode for this forum.

Where my BOOMERS at? hahaha.. are we fading into the sunset?
    Hang in there take care of yourselves.

maareyes
    support (at) greedygammon.com
    http://greedygammon.com (home)
    http://greedygammon.com/support (forum)
    GreedyGammon runs on Windows 7/10 (no mac or mobile)
    recommended screen resolution of 1920x1080 or higher
    And it is FREE!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)