• Bauble.

From androsluengog@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Mar 19 07:04:29 2018
    +1 stealth action.
    [vic] Put this card on the acting vampire. Search your library and put a non-unique, non-location equipment card on another minion you control. Do not pay the cost to equip. The vampire with this card cannot attempt actions, block or cast votes or
    ballots. You may burn this card and the chosen equipment card during your untap phase or when the minion with the chosen equipment leaves the controlled region.
    [VIC] As above, but you may burn this card and the chosen equipment at any time.

So here is some reading twist that I am not quite sure how to handle, logic says one thing, but card another.

What happens to the weapon if the vampire using Bauble is burn, send torpor or send to the uncontrolled region.

According to Bauble, nothing, the card gives you the option to "You may burn this card and the chosen equipment card during your untap phase or when the minion with the chosen equipment leaves the controlled region." but it doesn't specify what happens
    if the card is burned on its own and not using the card option.

I know what everybody is gonna say, don't be dumb, if the bauble burns, by for example vampire getting burned, the weapon burns too, ok but, following the same logic, why minions can enter in combat with the acting vampire (aka, the one that played the
    bauble, eat him, or being chosen as card target) or play cards on him, or be targeted affected by cards considering he is not a vampire, but an equipment.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From androsluengog@gmail.com@21:1/5 to andros...@gmail.com on Mon Mar 19 07:14:09 2018
    On Monday, March 19, 2018 at 2:04:31 PM UTC, andros...@gmail.com wrote:
    +1 stealth action.
    [vic] Put this card on the acting vampire. Search your library and put a non-unique, non-location equipment card on another minion you control. Do not pay the cost to equip. The vampire with this card cannot attempt actions, block or cast votes or
    ballots. You may burn this card and the chosen equipment card during your untap phase or when the minion with the chosen equipment leaves the controlled region.
    [VIC] As above, but you may burn this card and the chosen equipment at any time.

So here is some reading twist that I am not quite sure how to handle, logic says one thing, but card another.

What happens to the weapon if the vampire using Bauble is burn, send torpor or send to the uncontrolled region.

According to Bauble, nothing, the card gives you the option to "You may burn this card and the chosen equipment card during your untap phase or when the minion with the chosen equipment leaves the controlled region." but it doesn't specify what happens

I know what everybody is gonna say, don't be dumb, if the bauble burns, by for example vampire getting burned, the weapon burns too, ok but, following the same logic, why minions can enter in combat with the acting vampire (aka, the one that played the
    bauble), eat him, or being chosen as card target or play cards on him, or be targeted affected by cards considering he is not a vampire, but an equipment.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jozxyqk@21:1/5 to androsluengog@gmail.com on Wed Mar 21 12:16:10 2018
    WOW, an actual rules question about VTES posted to the newsgroup in 2018!
    And I know this one because I built a few Bauble decks in my day.

Short answer: Do not try to apply narrative logic where card text will suffice. If the Bauble card, and/or the vampire it is on, leaves play, nothing special happens. The equipment then
    effectively becomes regular permanent equipment.

androsluengog@gmail.com wrote:
    +1 stealth action.

bauble, eat him, or being chosen as card target) or play cards on him, or be targeted affected by cards considering he is not a vampire, but an equipment.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From androsluengog@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Mar 21 07:54:09 2018
    XD, thx, I don't know if there is another way to ask questions other than google groups xD

Which leads to my next question... Is it possible to have a combat between 2 of your minions? For example, bum rush my own minion, and if possible, I guess combat occurs the regular way, with player playing cards for both minions

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jozxyqk@21:1/5 to androsluengog@gmail.com on Thu Mar 22 11:55:20 2018
    androsluengog@gmail.com wrote:
    XD, thx, I don't know if there is another way to ask questions other than google groups xD

http://www.vekn.net/ has been the "official" site for awhile now.
    Also a few Facebook groups like "VTES WORLD" and "VTES in North America" that get traffic.
    I only watch the newsgroup because.. I don't know why. Just old man. :)

Which leads to my next question... Is it possible to have a combat between 2 of your minions? For example, bum rush my own minion, and if possible, I guess combat occurs the regular way, with player playing cards for both minions

No. That's right in the combat section of the rulebook.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From androsluengog@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Mar 22 14:32:21 2018
    Hehe, yep, read it the other day, was a long time since I read it the last time, pity since it blow up a deck idea. Thx anyway.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05