• Touch Move Rule in Xiangqi

From samsloan@21:1/5 to All on Sat Oct 15 10:09:43 2016
    In the last round of the World Championship of Xiangqi in Munich, Germany in 2015 I made a horrific blunder. In a winning position, I moved a rook off my back rank, allowing my opponent a simple back rank mate with his cannon.
    I realized I had made this mistake as soon as I made the move, but as my fingers had left the piece it was too late so instead I stared blankly at the board hoping that my opponent would not realize I had made a blunder.
    Now, I wonder what would have happened had I instantly grabbed the piece back. There are firm rules against this in International Chess. I have not seen any rules about this in Chinese Chess. In a famous game, Garry Kasparov took a move back in a blitz
    game against Judit Polgar. Garry Kasparov denied his hand had left the piece but a video made of the event showed that his hand had left the piece.
    What would have been the ruling had this happened in Xiangqi?
    Sam Sloan

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Wong Ping Loong@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 7 16:22:33 2017
    Am Sonntag, 16. Oktober 2016 01:09:45 UTC+8 schrieb samsloan:
    In the last round of the World Championship of Xiangqi in Munich, Germany in 2015 I made a horrific blunder. In a winning position, I moved a rook off my back rank, allowing my opponent a simple back rank mate with his cannon.
    I realized I had made this mistake as soon as I made the move, but as my fingers had left the piece it was too late so instead I stared blankly at the board hoping that my opponent would not realize I had made a blunder.
    Now, I wonder what would have happened had I instantly grabbed the piece back. There are firm rules against this in International Chess. I have not seen any rules about this in Chinese Chess. In a famous game, Garry Kasparov took a move back in a blitz
    game against Judit Polgar. Garry Kasparov denied his hand had left the piece but a video made of the event showed that his hand had left the piece.
    What would have been the ruling had this happened in Xiangqi?
    Sam Sloan

Hi
    According to AXF and WXF, Xianggi follows touch move rule.
    If you took a move back, you would declare losing the game immediately by arbiter.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)