• Enigma Code Permutations and the Lottery ZSLWFHAAWM

From Ion Saliu@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jun 1 07:18:42 2021
  • From Ion Saliu@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jul 30 10:00:46 2021
    You might see nowadays guys on YouTube claiming that the setting "No letter encrypts to itself" was a real weakness of the Enigma machines! NO, young cuckoos! The non-self-encryption was a real strength of Enigma! You'll see below real weaknesses of the
    machine.

If just one letter encrypted to itself, look how easier it would be to decipher. You only need a team of 26 experts. Expert A would deal with the scenario A encrypts to A. Expert B would deal with the scenario B encrypts to B... Expert Z would deal with
    the scenario Z encrypts to Z. It is somehow easier to discover patterns.

If two letters had encrypted to themselves, it would have been even easier to decipher... significantly easier. You only need a team of 26 ^ 25 = 650 experts. Expert 1 would deal with the scenario A encrypts to A; B encrypts to B. Expert 2 would deal
    with the scenario A encrypts to A, C encrypts to C... Expert 650 would deal with the scenario Y encrypts to Y, Z encrypts to Z. Axiomatics, it would be far easier to discover patterns!

If three or more letters had encrypted to themselves, encryption would have been NO MORE! And, what happens if the restriction "No letter encrypts to itself is enforced"? Well then, any number of keys could encrypt to themselves! Quite certainly,
    encryption would no longer be possible!

The worst drawback: an Enigma machine could be seized by the enemy... and several Enigmas were, indeed, captured by the Western Allies, and the Polish intelligence services even before World War II. Possessing a machine meant possessing the rotors as
    well, and the plugboards, and the 3 of 5 rotor arrangements schedules.

Read the full update:

https://saliu.com/bbs/messages/enigma-permutations.html
    • The best Enigma machine code generates thousands of encryption keys, then selects permutations that do not repeat elements in the same positions as originally.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Ion Saliu@21:1/5 to Ion Saliu on Tue Apr 11 03:45:14 2023
    On Wednesday, December 23, 2015 at 12:43:37 AM UTC+2, Ion Saliu wrote:
    On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 2:03:59 PM UTC-5, ions...@gmail.com wrote:
    MMBEUEJNWEMHMABYAUAUEGTDEMIWGDCENZSLWFHAAWWTBMYVAOLILYWPYZEPGGEZXDWJBPENHGDEMBIAOJBWWJBUADETSAZAJWSAMXMPLITLIDDEMIWGDCENKUBMXBCFHHABPMARZHNMVCGHNMUAOBWWZWEDQTLAHDWPLMODWBIBEOBMXMOHHWNEUIGJHVXDUUQCEAWTBRAFCMRJAAIWHYWHBNWNXBASRUSIJBYUKBUDAMXVFHAOBJBDGZU

BRRRRRRRRAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

DECRYPTION

It took me half an hour to encrypt and decrypt the message.

First, I divided the message in groups of 3 letters each, as the encoding used 3 encryption keys (as a 3-rotor Enigma machine).

MMB EUE JNW EMH MAB YAU AUE GTD EMI WGD CEN ZSL WFH AAW WTB MYV AOL ILY WPY ZEP GGE ZXD WJB PEN HGD EMB IAO JBW WJB UAD
    ETS AZA JWS AMX MPL ITL IDD EMI WGD CEN KUB MXB CFH HAB PMA RZH NMV CGH NMU AOB WWZ WED QTL AHD WPL MOD WBI BEO BMX MOH
    HWN EUI GJH VXD UUQ CEA WTB RAF CMR JAA IWH YWH BNW NXH BAS RUS IJB YUK BUD AMX VFH AOB JBD GZU

The letter in the 1st position is in the 1st key string, the letter in the 2nd position is in the 2nd key string, the letter in the 3rd position is in the 3rd key string; repeat for each 3-letter group.

SEE HOW MUC HEA SIE RIS TOW INT HEL OTT ERY AXI OMA TIC ONE SQM THI NKH OWH ARD ITW AST ODE CRY PTT HEE NIG MAC ODE WIT HOU TCO MPU TER SWI NNI NGT HEL OTT ERY DOE SSE EMA PIE CEO FCA KEM ETA KES THE OPP ORT UNI TYT OWI SHT OAL LRG LER SHA
    PPY HOL IDA YST WOZ ERO ONE FIV EEX MIO NPA RPA LUC KSA LIU FOU NDE ROF LOT TER YMA THE MAT ICS
    Easily recreate the original words by erasing blank spaces and concatenating groups of letters.

SEE HOW MUCH EASIER IS TO WIN THE LOTTERY AXIOMATIC ONES QM THINK HOW HARD IT WAS TO DECRYPT THE ENIGMA CODE WITHOUT COMPUTERS WINNING THE LOTTERY DOES SEEM A PIECE OF CAKE ME TAKES THE OPPORTUNITY TO WISH TO ALL RGLERS HAPPY HOLIDAYS TWO ZERO ONE FIVE
    EXM ION PARPALUCK SALIU FOUNDER OF LOTTERY MATHEMATICS

QM = Question Mark
    EXM = Exclamation Mark
    TWO ZERO ONE FIVE = 2015

The encryption keys (last 3 lines) were actually published on a Web page (what an act of treason I committed!) BRRRRRRRRAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

http://saliu.com/bbs/messages/enigma-permutations.html
    ("Enigma Permutations, Encryption Decryption Keys, Code, Software")

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Z X P K C R T E G L N B J I W H S Y M A Q O U F V D
    B C Z J M Q D O A K L R F T U W Y E X G N I P S H V
    H J W P B K O Y L G T I V C A Z M X U D S F E R N Q

• There is a new useful feature for reading the Usenet posts in Google Groups. The vast majority of newsgroup members use GROUPS.GOOGLE.COM to post and read on the Internet pioneering service, Usenet.

One drawback of the Google service, very useful otherwise, is the default font. It is a proportional font (of variable-width, that is). However, initially Usenet was written and shown in a monospace font.

Many of the statistical reports I posted did not show up in an acceptable format. The original format was in the typewriter format 9the Courier font). I shall inventory the most important posts in this newsgroup and refer the readers to this important
    thread. Viewing will be better off overall.

It is quite easy and simple to add this useful feature to two of your browsers: Chrome and Firefox. Just read this axiomatic thread:

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.gambling.lottery/c/xj1oUsXz5oo?hl=en • Usenet Redivivus! Best Post Viewing in Google Groups

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)