• Just a thought

From BillB@21:1/5 to All on Fri Oct 6 17:57:46 2023
    In 2022, Canada's population increased 2.7% from legal immigration alone.

In 2022, the US's population increased an estimated 1.1% from legal and undocumented immigration combined.

From what I see in the media the US is in EXTREME CRISIS mode over that small amount of immigration, but relatively speaking I haven't heard much about a Canadian immigration "crisis" at all (mind you, we do have our share of right-wingers who make some
    noise about it).

Based on those numbers, I am thinking if the US had a less xenophobic legal immigration system then it would be less overwhelmed at the border with undocumented immigrants.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From da pickle@21:1/5 to BillB on Sat Oct 7 07:57:25 2023
    On 10/6/2023 7:57 PM, BillB wrote:

In 2022, the US's population increased an estimated 1.1% from legal and undocumented immigration combined.

From what I see in the media the US is in EXTREME CRISIS mode over that small amount of immigration, but relatively speaking I haven't heard much about a Canadian immigration "crisis" at all (mind you, we do have our share of right-wingers who make
    some noise about it).

Based on those numbers, I am thinking if the US had a less xenophobic legal immigration system then it would be less overwhelmed at the border with undocumented immigrants.

My idea of a free train from Texas to Canada is getting better and better.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BillB@21:1/5 to da pickle on Sat Oct 7 06:14:59 2023
    On Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 5:57:56 AM UTC-7, da pickle wrote:

From what I see in the media the US is in EXTREME CRISIS mode over that small amount of immigration, but relatively speaking I haven't heard much about a Canadian immigration "crisis" at all (mind you, we do have our share of right-wingers who make
    some noise about it).

Didn't you see the numbers? Isn't it time the US started pulling it's own weight? Less whining, more humanitarianism.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From da pickle@21:1/5 to BillB on Sat Oct 7 09:02:02 2023
    On 10/7/2023 8:14 AM, BillB wrote:
    In 2022, Canada's population increased 2.7% from legal immigration alone. >>>

some noise about it).

Didn't you see the numbers? Isn't it time the US started pulling it's own weight? Less whining, more humanitarianism.

You guys have plenty of room for the "illegal immigrants" ... we will
    keep the legal ones.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BillB@21:1/5 to da pickle on Sat Oct 7 09:13:44 2023
    On Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 7:02:33 AM UTC-7, da pickle wrote:

some noise about it).

keep the legal ones.

You didn't get it. Nobody wants illegal immigrants, but that's what you get for having a xenophobic, highly restrictive legal immigration policy. Again, in 2022 Canada took in 2.5x more legal immigrants that the US took in legal and illegal immigrants
    COMBINED. Canada increased its population 2.7% with legal immigration, while the US increased its population only .3% with legal immigration. See the difference? That's NINE TIMES more legal immigration per capita than the US.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jack roth@21:1/5 to BillB on Sat Oct 7 10:56:44 2023
    On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 5:57:50 PM UTC-7, BillB wrote:

some noise about it).

I got another thought. You claim canada isn't xenophobic, eh? How about you advertise to relocate all the blacks down here that you say we're all so prejudiced against. Certainly the diversity would be considered a plus to you morons, right?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jack roth@21:1/5 to BillB on Sat Oct 7 10:55:21 2023
    On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 5:57:50 PM UTC-7, BillB wrote:

some noise about it).

What are you blind or stupid, BillB? I've seen video after video of Canadians not being able to afford rent. Sounds like a crisis to me. Imagine what's going to happen to everyone in Canada once their short term loans get re-rated to the higher
    interest rate. But, you morons are prioritizing immigration to prove you aren't xenophobic? More like all you are proving is that you losers have made your country so unlivable that people stopped having babies.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jack roth@21:1/5 to BillB on Sat Oct 7 10:52:53 2023
    On Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 9:13:48 AM UTC-7, BillB wrote:

From what I see in the media the US is in EXTREME CRISIS mode over that small amount of immigration, but relatively speaking I haven't heard much about a Canadian immigration "crisis" at all (mind you, we do have our share of right-wingers who
    make some noise about it).

keep the legal ones.
    You didn't get it. Nobody wants illegal immigrants, but that's what you get for having a xenophobic, highly restrictive legal immigration policy. Again, in 2022 Canada took in 2.5x more legal immigrants that the US took in legal and illegal immigrants
    COMBINED. Canada increased its population 2.7% with legal immigration, while the US increased its population only .3% with legal immigration. See the difference? That's NINE TIMES more legal immigration per capita than the US.

BillB are you just a liar or are you bad at math? USA has 9x the population as Canada and a lot less room in cities. Our raw numbers of immigrants is multiples greater than Canadas you fucking moron.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From VegasJerry@21:1/5 to BillB on Sat Oct 7 11:48:05 2023

From what I see in the media the US is in EXTREME CRISIS mode over that small amount of immigration, but relatively speaking I haven't heard much about a Canadian immigration "crisis" at all (mind you, we do have our share of right-wingers who

keep the legal ones.

You didn't get it. Nobody wants illegal immigrants...

Uh... Correction, Bill. The Republicans Corporations (Mitt Romney says Corporations are people) do.
    They can, and do, cheat them. (I know. As a cop I would join INS in raiding them). It's why Republicans
    refuse to renegotiate immigration rules because they know Democrats will insist on E-Verify. And that
    will prevent corporations from hiring and cheating the illegals or forcing 12-year-olds onto Graveyard
    shifts in slaughterhouses and meat packing plants to clean blood and guts all night, like they've be
    caught doing.

"More than 100 children—some as young as 13—were employed in
    hazardous jobs cleaning equipment like skull splitters, brisket saws,
    and bone cutters in meatpacking plants in eight states over the
    course of three years, the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) says."

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-company-fined-hiring-kids-clean-meatpacking-plants-2023-02-17/

but that's what you get for having a xenophobic, highly restrictive legal immigration policy. Again, in
    2022 Canada took in 2.5x more legal immigrants that the US took in legal and illegal immigrants
    COMBINED. Canada increased its population 2.7% with legal immigration, while the US increased
    its population only .3% with legal immigration. See the difference? That's NINE TIMES more legal
    immigration per capita than the US.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From VegasJerry@21:1/5 to jack roth on Sat Oct 7 11:51:03 2023
    On Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 10:52:57 AM UTC-7, jack roth wrote:

You guys have plenty of room for the "illegal immigrants" ... we will keep the legal ones.
    You didn't get it. Nobody wants illegal immigrants, but that's what you get for having a xenophobic, highly restrictive legal immigration policy. Again, in 2022 Canada took in 2.5x more legal immigrants that the US took in legal and illegal
    immigrants COMBINED. Canada increased its population 2.7% with legal immigration, while the US increased its population only .3% with legal immigration. See the difference? That's NINE TIMES more legal immigration per capita than the US.

BillB are you just a liar or are you bad at math? USA has 9x the population as Canada and a lot less
    room in cities. Our raw numbers of immigrants is multiples greater than Canadas you fucking moron.

(Sorry again, Bill):

Hey, Jack rOff; are you just bad at math, understanding what PERCENTAGES mean?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05