• And Kim Jong Un scored 18 hole-in-one's last Saturday

From risky biz@21:1/5 to All on Thu May 25 23:05:53 2023
    Or was it next Saturday?

'China’s hypersonic weapons could destroy the US Navy’s newest aircraft carrier in a recent war game, Chinese scientists have claimed.

Computer simulations run by a research team on a war game software platform used by China’s military showed Chinese forces sinking the USS Gerald R Ford carrier fleet with a volley of 24 hypersonic anti-ship missiles, reported the South China Morning
    Post.'

Oh, really?

'No, Chinese hypersonic missiles have not made US aircraft carriers obsolete This situation has been just about to happen for 50 years now' https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/25/chinese-df27-hypersonic-missile-us-aircraft-carriers/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From VegasJerry@21:1/5 to risky biz on Fri May 26 06:51:46 2023
    On Thursday, May 25, 2023 at 11:05:57 PM UTC-7, risky biz wrote:
    Or was it next Saturday?

'China’s hypersonic weapons could destroy the US Navy’s newest aircraft carrier in a recent war game, Chinese scientists have claimed.

Computer simulations run by a research team on a war game software platform used by China’s military showed Chinese forces sinking the USS Gerald R Ford carrier fleet with a volley of 24 hypersonic anti-ship missiles, reported the South China Morning
    Post.'

Oh, really?

'No, Chinese hypersonic missiles have not made US aircraft carriers obsolete This situation has been just about to happen for 50 years now' https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/25/chinese-df27-hypersonic-missile-us-aircraft-carriers/

I would like to have read the rest of that article, but the teaser lead to a required subscription.

The wargame of words continue. I think (my, somewhat learned, opinion), N. Korea is pissed that the U.S. refuses to reveal its hand and show our antimissile capabilities. They keep shooting things into the Pacific, as close to Japan as they can, but
    apparently, we know how to tell a real threat from a phony.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From risky biz@21:1/5 to VegasJerry on Fri May 26 14:05:00 2023
    On Friday, May 26, 2023 at 6:51:49 AM UTC-7, VegasJerry wrote:
    Or was it next Saturday?

Computer simulations run by a research team on a war game software platform used by China’s military showed Chinese forces sinking the USS Gerald R Ford carrier fleet with a volley of 24 hypersonic anti-ship missiles, reported the South China
    Morning Post.'

Oh, really?

'No, Chinese hypersonic missiles have not made US aircraft carriers obsolete
    This situation has been just about to happen for 50 years now' https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/25/chinese-df27-hypersonic-missile-us-aircraft-carriers/

~ I would like to have read the rest of that article, but the teaser lead to a required subscription.

It doesn't when I open it.

The wargame of words continue. I think (my, somewhat learned, opinion), N. Korea is pissed that the U.S. refuses to reveal its hand and show our antimissile capabilities. They keep shooting things into the Pacific, as close to Japan as they can, but
    apparently, we know how to tell a real threat from a phony.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From VegasJerry@21:1/5 to risky biz on Fri May 26 16:57:16 2023
    On Friday, May 26, 2023 at 2:05:04 PM UTC-7, risky biz wrote:
    On Friday, May 26, 2023 at 6:51:49 AM UTC-7, VegasJerry wrote:
    Or was it next Saturday?

Computer simulations run by a research team on a war game software platform used by China’s military showed Chinese forces sinking the USS Gerald R Ford carrier fleet with a volley of 24 hypersonic anti-ship missiles, reported the South China
    Morning Post.'

Oh, really?

'No, Chinese hypersonic missiles have not made US aircraft carriers obsolete
    This situation has been just about to happen for 50 years now' https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/25/chinese-df27-hypersonic-missile-us-aircraft-carriers/

~ I would like to have read the rest of that article, but the teaser lead to a required subscription.

It doesn't when I open it.

You got secret powers? (Or do I have an ever-decreasing wine tolerance?)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05