• Dave Ramsey is an Idiot

From Paul Popinjay@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 2 18:34:41 2023
    He's either an idiot, or he's lying. He laughs at the BRICS Nations and thinks the Dollar is going to be the world Reserve Currency, forever. I think he knows better, and thus that makes him a liar, a bullshitter. The Dollar is going to collapse.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From C Mayhem@21:1/5 to Paul Popinjay on Wed May 3 05:36:33 2023
    On Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 8:34:44 PM UTC-5, Paul Popinjay wrote:
    He's either an idiot, or he's lying. He laughs at the BRICS Nations and thinks the Dollar is going to be the world Reserve Currency, forever. I think he knows better, and thus that makes him a liar, a bullshitter. The Dollar is going to collapse.

Interesting bit on Ramsey and time shares on Last Week Tonight a while back. I never heard of the idiot, but it was not a good first impression.

C

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jack roth@21:1/5 to Paul Popinjay on Fri May 5 18:21:59 2023
    On Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 6:34:44 PM UTC-7, Paul Popinjay wrote:

1. The USD is being used for trade less each year...8% less just this last year....that's a pretty fast rate of decline for a foreign currency, but it won't be instantaneous.
    2. Of course, the USD will collapse....100% of all fiat currencies have collapsed over time and, on average, it takes around 50 years. Our currency has been fiat for 52 years.
    3. World reserve currencies tend to last for around 80-100 years.
    4. Yes, the USD will collapse, but probably every other fiat currency will collapse first. But, in the East, they might just change over to gold backed currency before this happens...central banks are loading up on gold cheap as we speak. Gold during
    a bull market tends to rise 8x from trough to peak. Trough was $1000 this time, so you can expect gold to go to at leat $8000...and maybe more with what's going on in the world making it a perfect storm for gold to rise.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05