• Biden Gets a Chance to Mock Fox News, and Gleefully Takes It (NYTimes)

From VegasJerry@21:1/5 to All on Sun Apr 30 10:54:36 2023
    Biden Gets a Chance to Mock Fox News, and Gleefully Takes It (NYTimes)

At the White House Correspondents’ Association
    dinner, President Biden also skewered CNN and
    made light of his age.

And I’m giving you a, Gift Article, so you can see your leader at the dinner. (Making fun of you, Fox, CNN, and his ‘wiseness’ (age)).

------------
    Click and watch: https://tinyurl.com/434vhdzm
    -----------

Or read it…

NY TIMES. Whatever news gods decided that the cable television stars Tucker Carlson and Don Lemon should be fired the same week that President Biden was scheduled to give a funny speech ribbing the news media certainly were generous in providing fresh
    material. And Mr. Biden took advantage on Saturday night as he gleefully mocked some of his favorite foils.

In his annual appearance at the black-tie White House Correspondents’ Association dinner, the one night a year that a president is expected to play a stand-up comic, Mr. Biden made the most of the opportunity with some timely skewering of those who
    usually skewer him — most notably Fox News, which fired Mr. Carlson on Monday just days after settling a defamation lawsuit for $787.5 million.

“Last year, your favorite Fox News reporters were able to attend” the dinner “because they were fully vaccinated and boosted,” Mr. Biden said, in a nod to his coronavirus response strategy. “This year, with that $787 million settlement, they’
    re here because they couldn’t say no to a free meal.”

“And hell, I’d call Fox honest, fair and truthful,” he told the crowd gathered in a cavernous ballroom in Washington as well as a national television audience watching at home. “But then I could be sued for defamation.” When some groaned, he
    quipped, “It ain’t nothing compared to what they do to me.”

Go on, watch and laugh at yourself: https://tinyurl.com/434vhdzm

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)