• Justice Thomas throws other justices under the bus. LOL!

From VegasJerry@21:1/5 to All on Fri Apr 7 12:07:58 2023
    THE NEW YORK TIMES

Justice Thomas Says He Was Advised Lavish Gifts Didn’t Need to Be Reported

In a statement released by the Supreme Court,
    the justice said he had followed past guidance
    from others at the court and believed he was
    not required to report the trips.

WASHINGTON — Justice Clarence Thomas said on Friday that he had followed the advice of “colleagues and others in the judiciary” when he did not disclose lavish gifts and travel from a wealthy conservative donor.

In a statement released by the Supreme Court, the justice said that he had followed guidance from others at the court and that he believed he was not required to report the trips….

__ ** __

WAIT! … LOL! ..

This is too good to pass up. Click here for my gift of viewing this Times news article.
    You get to see the look on the face of this pathetic asshole; then read all the reader replies at the end.

Your crooked Republican Supreme Court: Click: https://tinyurl.com/yaft7ftr

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From BillB@21:1/5 to VegasJerry on Fri Apr 7 15:57:18 2023
    On Friday, April 7, 2023 at 12:08:06 PM UTC-7, VegasJerry wrote:
    THE NEW YORK TIMES

WASHINGTON — Justice Clarence Thomas said on Friday that he had followed the advice of “colleagues and others in the judiciary” when he did not disclose lavish gifts and travel from a wealthy conservative donor.

In a statement released by the Supreme Court, the justice said that he had followed guidance from others at the court and that he believed he was not required to report the trips….

__ ** __

WAIT! … LOL! ..

This is too good to pass up. Click here for my gift of viewing this Times news article.
    You get to see the look on the face of this pathetic asshole; then read all the reader replies at the end.

I wonder if he really went to law school because when I went it was drilled into us over and over again that if you are a fiduciary or in any position of trust is not good enough to avoid actual impropriety. You must avoid even the appearance of
    impropriety. And he didn't think he had to report 20 years of lavish gifts? Sorry, doesn't even begin to pass the smell test.

Code of Conduct for United States Judges:
    Canon 2A. An appearance of impropriety occurs when reasonable minds, with knowledge of all the relevant circumstances disclosed by a reasonable inquiry, would conclude that the judge’s honesty, integrity, impartiality, temperament, or fitness to serve
    as a judge is impaired. Public confidence in the judiciary is eroded by irresponsible or improper conduct by judges, including harassment and other inappropriate workplace behavior. A judge must avoid all impropriety and appearance of impropriety.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From VegasJerry@21:1/5 to BillB on Fri Apr 7 16:54:11 2023
    On Friday, April 7, 2023 at 3:57:22 PM UTC-7, BillB wrote:
    THE NEW YORK TIMES

__ ** __

WAIT! … LOL! ..

I wonder if he really went to law school because when I went it was drilled into us over and over again
    that if you are a fiduciary or in any position of trust is not good enough to avoid actual impropriety.

Sure he did. What little of the law I needed covered this. And when I ran for office, I had to sign that
    I understood the rules. And this fuck pretends he didn’t understand the law? That’s his job!

You must avoid even the appearance of impropriety. And he didn't think he had to report 20 years of lavish gifts? Sorry, doesn't even begin to pass the smell test.

Canon 2A. An appearance of impropriety occurs when reasonable minds, with knowledge of all the relevant circumstances disclosed by a reasonable inquiry, would conclude that the judge’s honesty, integrity, impartiality, temperament, or fitness to
    serve as a judge is impaired. Public confidence in the judiciary is eroded by irresponsible or improper conduct by judges, including harassment and other inappropriate workplace behavior. A judge must avoid all impropriety and appearance of impropriety.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jack roth@21:1/5 to BillB on Fri Apr 7 17:10:18 2023
    THE NEW YORK TIMES

__ ** __

WAIT! … LOL! ..

I wonder if he really went to law school because when I went it was drilled into us over and over again that if you are a fiduciary or in any position of trust is not good enough to avoid actual impropriety. You must avoid even the appearance of
    impropriety. And he didn't think he had to report 20 years of lavish gifts? Sorry, doesn't even begin to pass the smell test.

Canon 2A. An appearance of impropriety occurs when reasonable minds, with knowledge of all the relevant circumstances disclosed by a reasonable inquiry, would conclude that the judge’s honesty, integrity, impartiality, temperament, or fitness to
    serve as a judge is impaired. Public confidence in the judiciary is eroded by irresponsible or improper conduct by judges, including harassment and other inappropriate workplace behavior. A judge must avoid all impropriety and appearance of impropriety.

Not sure where you've been the last few years, but Democrats never have any problem accepting free shit and not reporting it. Everyone is doing it. Heck, deputies aren't supposed to accept graft, but they are being catered to by various people very
    expensive quantities of gifts and they are bragging about it and showing it off on FB. They are deputies who are all earning $100K+/yr and don't need free shit where it'll maybe encourage them to shade any report or not ticket those who bring them free
    shit.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BillB@21:1/5 to jack roth on Fri Apr 7 17:22:59 2023
    On Friday, April 7, 2023 at 5:10:22 PM UTC-7, jack roth wrote:
    THE NEW YORK TIMES

__ ** __

WAIT! … LOL! ..

Not sure where you've been the last few years, but Democrats never have any problem accepting free shit and not reporting it. Everyone is doing it. Heck, deputies aren't supposed to accept graft, but they are being catered to by various people very
    expensive quantities of gifts and they are bragging about it and showing it off on FB. They are deputies who are all earning $100K+/yr and don't need free shit where it'll maybe encourage them to shade any report or not ticket >those who bring them free
    shit.

"But they did it too" is never a legitimate defense.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From VegasJerry@21:1/5 to jack roth on Sat Apr 8 07:48:46 2023
    THE NEW YORK TIMES

__ ** __

WAIT! … LOL! ..

Not sure where you've been the last few years, but Democrats never have any problem accepting free shit and not
    reporting it.

Then you should have no trouble showing us...

Everyone is doing it. Heck, deputies aren't supposed to accept graft, but they are being catered to by various people very expensive quantities of gifts and they are bragging about it and showing it off on FB. They are deputies who are all earning $100K+
    /yr and don't need free shit where it'll maybe encourage them to shade any report or not ticket those who bring them free shit.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jack roth@21:1/5 to BillB on Sat Apr 8 20:07:12 2023
    On Friday, April 7, 2023 at 5:23:02 PM UTC-7, BillB wrote:
    THE NEW YORK TIMES

__ ** __

WAIT! … LOL! ..

expensive quantities of gifts and they are bragging about it and showing it off on FB. They are deputies who are all earning $100K+/yr and don't need free shit where it'll maybe encourage them to shade any report or not ticket >those who bring them free
    shit.

You don't know law very well, do you.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BillB@21:1/5 to jack roth on Sun Apr 9 03:11:40 2023
    On Saturday, April 8, 2023 at 8:07:16 PM UTC-7, jack roth wrote:
    On Friday, April 7, 2023 at 5:23:02 PM UTC-7, BillB wrote:
    THE NEW YORK TIMES

__ ** __

WAIT! … LOL! ..

Canon 2A. An appearance of impropriety occurs when reasonable minds, with knowledge of all the relevant circumstances disclosed by a reasonable inquiry, would conclude that the judge’s honesty, integrity, impartiality, temperament, or fitness
    to serve as a judge is impaired. Public confidence in the judiciary is eroded by irresponsible or improper conduct by judges, including harassment and other inappropriate workplace behavior. A judge must avoid all impropriety and appearance of
    impropriety.

shit.
    You don't know law very well, do you.

That's the sort of thing people say when they have nothing.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From VegasJerry@21:1/5 to VegasJerry on Sun Apr 9 07:42:10 2023
    On Saturday, April 8, 2023 at 7:48:51 AM UTC-7, VegasJerry wrote:
    THE NEW YORK TIMES

__ ** __

WAIT! … LOL! ..

Not sure where you've been the last few years, but Democrats never have any problem accepting free shit and not
    reporting it.

Then you should have no trouble showing us...

**** KNEW YOU COULDN'T ****

See jack froth run. Run jack froth run.

LOL!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05